World Cup - who will you be supporting? AKA Dustmites and how to deal with them

I will be glad for either , but not both. If it did happen to be both then it would have to be England

Is that because you fear the France team!

The French are now my favourites.

I had previously put my shirt on the Germans…

1 Like

Not fear as I think all four teams on that side of the draw are better than England, I simply don’t want any stick from the natives either way.

The current England squad do not have anyone capable of changing the game as was evident last night so even if they got to the final I don’t give them any hope, however compared to when I used to watch them regularly at least technic wise they are much improved.

1 Like

I am so disappointed :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

We had a storm last evening about 7pm and the local transformer took a direct hit of lightning. The power was finally restored at about 4pm today.

I missed the match :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

I missed history being made. Life can be seriously unfair at times.

2 Likes

That’s a bummer Mandy !!!

Good to see three yids scoring pens, 'Arry, Tripps and the winner from Dido. Apparently Vardy was meant to take the last pen but injry prevented that so well done Dido to step up.

1 Like

Yay Peter!! I will check out the highlights later. I saw that Dier got the winner. Spurs players have been so important at this World Cup.

Bring on the Swedes :soccer:

1 Like

Missed you last night…I had a feeling you might have had a power outage…glad you’re sorted…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Helen. Still feeling miffed today :unamused:

1 Like

Murphy’s Law says that I must work saturday and so will miss the next England game :cry::cry::cry:

3 Likes

It will be less stressful.

1 Like

Yes and the alcohol consumption will be a lot less too !!

Why is watching England like trudging through a pool of treacle ?

3 Likes

Oh no Peter. :open_mouth:

Fingers crossed there will be no more natural disasters to stop me seeing it.

1 Like

Will it be on TFI Mandy…??? How lovely was it to see Gareth Southgate consoling the Columbian player who missed his penalty…that’s the England I know and love epitomised in a single photo…compassion and understanding for our fellow human beings…x :slight_smile:

OH NO!!! It’s not on TF1. Will have to find another way to watch it :wink::wink:

1 Like

OMG…! Panic stations…hope that other link works again…I can foresee major texting between me and my son in uk…”HOW EXACTLY DID WE DO IT MATE”…??? x :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is fabulous.

1 Like

England 1 Maguire…! x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

2 Likes

A bit of a slow game so far though, but who cares​:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes