World Cup - who will you be supporting? AKA Dustmites and how to deal with them

You sound like an expert Peter, want a job for the next couple of months?

2 Likes

No problem but I don’t think you could afford my travel expenses !

4 Likes

I love how this thread about football is now about ironing… I know I know, I mentioned it first.

I’ve never ironed a fitted sheet in my life!! I am way too lazy to bother for my own bed and have never had to iron for anyone else. Visitors to my house have had to put up with unironed sheets or find somewhere else to sleep.

I get that it’s different if you run a gite or chambre d’hote.

3 Likes

I’ve never ironed a fitted sheet in my life either…nor any sort of bedding…I think ironing is one of the most boring thankless tasks ever…in fact here I don’t even possess an iron or an ironing board…hundreds of videos on you tube though about how to fold a fitted sheet correctly…and amazingly with thousands of views…! x :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Back to England then I think that the English people get browbeaten and made to feel like they’ve got no rights to take pride in being English…It seems ok for every other country to take pride in “their flag” but not England…I’m not gonna get into how I feel about “borders” and “countries” and “dividing lines” etc as I feel that Earth just “is”…and the divisionary politics is a man made construct…

I unashamedly love England…I love my home city…(several Leicester players in the England squad…!) I love the people who identify as being English…whatever their race nationality birth place etc…we are a warm welcoming compassionate understanding diverse eclectic outrageously humorous people…that’s the England and the English I know and love…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

P.S…if England doesn’t win against Croatia then I’m not watching any more games…lol…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

There will only be one game left after that anyway!!! Well, apart from the pointless 3 place play-off.

1 Like

I reminded my Mom who’s 80 to watch the England match…she thought the goalie was brilliant…! x :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about yer ‘crackers’, do you iron yer ‘crackers’? :rofl:

What is this ‘ironing’ of which you speak?

3 Likes

:rofl:

I don’t iron anything…I don’t posess an iron and haven’t ironed anything since my kids were little…at one point I felt they should be immaculately turned out but when that didn’t translate into anything meaningful and their over-riding confidence in who they really are began to take precedance over what I perceived to be needless pettiness from certain members of a school they all attended then my role as mother was less about ironing and more about supporting their rights to individuality…

It got so heated and nothing to do with ironing or not that I found myself being “summoned “ to a school with no jurisdiction and no authority and facing prosecution and a £1000 fine…You may be able to imagine how that turned out…??? x :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Excellent!! Someone else who doesn’t iron. I haven’t used an iron for at least 8 years.

4 Likes

Anyway back to England…! My son excelled at football when he was younger…gained many trophies…he excells at anything he puts his mind to including guitar and drums…His feeling is that having seen Leicester go into premier league and England getting to where they currently are that it’s a “great time to be alive…” He’s excelling in his job as an HGV driver…considering further training…about to put a deposit down on his first house…Who am I to say anything other than “I’m really proud of you…all of you…??? (And I apologise about my ironing over the years or lack thereof…) x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s tantamount to child abuse Helen !

Not ironing a teenagers shirts or jeans for example, the poor luvvie was probably damaged for life !

I don’t mind ironing, i’ve got used to it since my late missus became handicapped many years ago and the present lady shares the reponsabilities. I couldn’t imagine sleeping in a bed where he sheets haven’t been ironed or pressed, the best bit is laying in a crisply ironed and newly made bed ?

1 Like

I had a tumble dryer back then Peter…If he wanted anything ironed he did it himself…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New-look Football… in more ways than one… :relaxed::relaxed:

2 Likes

Neither did I ! Just realy carefull hanging clothes !

3 Likes

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/44071195

2 Likes

Only thing I can say about ironing, which don’t get done here, is I did once see that, ironing is the only way to kill bed mites, washing alone doesn’t,