World Cup - who will you be supporting? AKA Dustmites and how to deal with them

For those of us who could not see the goal… watch this on full screen… seeing it from all angles…:smile::smile:

1 Like

:rofl:

which bit has got you crying with laughter Bill… ??

I thought he had no interest in football or the world cup

2 Likes

This is a question for football fans only -

‘Which would you rather have - success for your club or England to win the World Cup?’

All of it, Stella, as I said, Juvenal was spot on, all those years ago :rofl:

:smile::smile::smile::smile: I can’t remember that far back… :wink::wink:

Very difficult choice. I guess I would have to opt for our local Club… they are super lads… and, although I rarely get to their matches… we always share a friendly word or two when we meet. We know their familes too… so it has to be “closest to home” for me. :hugs:

1 Like

:+1: :rofl:

I’d take Leeds getting promotion over England winning the World Cup.

1 Like

England is just a bonus for me, a little extra. I just want Spurs to win the league. It’s been so long.

As an aside Spurs had more players in the semi-finals of the World Cup than any other team in the world. There were 4 last night and there will be 5 in the England squad tonight. I’m just hoping we can keep all these players once the World Cup is over.

Two of the squad came through the Leeds youth system.

1 Like

what time does it start tonight??

8pm. Getting nervous now.

1 Like

drat… and double drat… :slightly_smiling_face: there is a bereft young lady, we have taken under our wing and she is eating with us tonight at 7pm… I can’t rush her… just hope she likes football…

Whatever… she is studying English, so I’ll try and find the radio station downstairs, then we can all listen in…

We’ve done dust mites so how about some tennis. Federer has just lost to Kevin Anderson in 5 sets. He had match point in the 3rd…hope it’s the last shock this evening⚽️

1 Like

Angleterre 1…!!! x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1017112025053483010

1 Like

1 all…gonna start watching from behind a cushion now…!

1 Like

Already watching from behind the sofa! Almost unbearable :open_mouth:

1 Like