World Cup - who will you be supporting? AKA Dustmites and how to deal with them

Well, I was in Hamburg, Germany, when Englang won the W’ Closet (pardon :grinning:).

1 Like

Did anyone watch the match night TF1 French tv? I was so lost at the end when in the top left hand corner the scores were up
Ronaldo 3 - Espagne 3
Took my brain a while to work that’s one out lol lol

Good games so far

Looking forwward to England s debut :champagne::champagne::champagne::black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿:black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿:black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿:uk::uk::uk:

1 Like

What happened to my English flags?? Lol lol

I went to load s of games when younger, being an Aston VIlla supporter !! We were in the first division, I went to all home games and loads of away games … perfect memories :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿:black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿:black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿:black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿:black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿:black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Try my flags again lol lol :joy:

1 Like

Ok flags def not working ! Lol

wELL i WuZ THERE WeN eNGlund Wun :+1:
To be honest, wasn’t very interested then, less now :wink:

I used to be a football addict and for a while was watching 80/90 games a season, probably clocked up 2000+ until we moved here but have only been to a handful since. Don’t really miss it but would like to go to another WC as the atmosphere is something else.

1 Like

Hate football so won’t be watching any matches, as always, in any sports the best team will win :joy:

Had it been Rugby I probably would have been glued to the screen, and unless it’s France or England playing then I just enjoy the action and don’t really support any team :wink:

3 Likes

I was in Germany for the 2006 Workd Cup and was in Gelsenkirchen to see Portugal knock out England. It was interesting in a way but I can’t say that I found the atmosphere special.

1 Like

You poor thing! I mean being a Villa fan right now :slightly_frowning_face:

France is doing nicely…

2 Likes

I took my sons aged 10 and 13 to the WC in Germany, five games in five days, 3000 kms of driving, a week off work and school (College said yes, Primaire said no), met up with a Ukranian guy I knew in Berlin who gave the boys some scarves which they still have, fan zones, lots of beer - worst week of my life!:wink:

1 Like

Ah yes that’s true… still a supporter though :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Supporting Scotland - only question is, are they playing? If not, then France. More of a rugby girl really, but currently in Adelaide, and watched the first half of the Australia v France March with Aussie son-in -law, most football in have watched in my life! Happy to not watch any more…

1 Like

Scotland didn’t make it to the World Cup sadly.

Best stick to the golf, rugby and curling then!

Have fun all you football fans…

1 Like

I have a very modest interest in all football, very modest indeed. I can’t raise any enthusiasm for the World Cup, or any of the teams, though I did follow the women’s team (Les bleues) in the recent European Cup tournament, and enjoyed their game, and their undoubted glamour.

I reckon football is over-rated. I remember when our local teams, Aston Villa, the “Baggies” (West Bromwich Albion) and the Blues (Birmingham City) were made up of local men, with local accents. Localism is long since dead.

Those of us who don’t follow football keep our heads down, it’s not a popular position these days.

2 Likes

Whoops, Stella’s lost the plot… who knows what is going on ???

1 Like

Oh Stella, you’ve just confirmed what I’ve always thought, women know nothing about football.

1 Like

It could well just be me… I prefer Rugby… :relaxed: (I made the mistake of only reading the headline… ( smacked hand)

1 Like

just finished season 7 of GOT omg I cannot wait for season 8. How did I now watch this series years ago. I gave up after 2 or 3 episodes. You were right season 4 on was brilliant but got good before then too