World Cup - who will you be supporting? AKA Dustmites and how to deal with them

This is incredible. Really sad I can’t watch it but following on BBC website and Twitter.

Have consoled myself with this fabulous 5-1 win over Germany in 2001. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter, it’s the WORLD CUP. Apparently 5 goals scored in the first half only ever once before - 2014 Germany against a very poor Brazilian side.

1 Like

I’m exhausted, after watching this on Full Screen… :relaxed::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Belguim could only manage 3 against them and they are ranked 3rd in the world MAT DAVIES.

deleted

1 Like

Awwww Mandy…My son has spent the last 3 days as a uk tv licence payer trying to connect to his account in uk to watch here…no joy…he bought a vpn…no joy…(all of this is way beyond my tech capabilities…) He spent a really frustrating day yesterday trying to fathom it out…not finding the French tv channels it was supposed to be on (I probably don’t have them…???) …navigating a maze of click bait websites and today he cracked it just in time…! Perfect day…x :slight_smile:

How did he manage that? Me and hubby tried for ages to find a way to watch it and had to give up. I am so disappointed not to have seen it live. The highlights will be on Youtube but it’s not the same. The match was on a subscription channel sadly.

1 Like

Just don’t get too carried away - it was a good win. Playing Belgium would be quite a challenge if it were a knock out game - I am unsure which way the result would go, considering the results so far. England v Tunisia & Belgium v Tunisia etc.

I am still puzzled by the inclusion of Sterling over Rashford - again today Sterling had relatively little influence on the game.

2 Likes

I think Sterling is extremely overrated

Yes, I think I’ve run around more than him today. He doesn’t deserve his place in the team at the moment.

1 Like

Problem is that Southgate seems to like him.

I don’t rate Ashley Young either, he’s too slow for for me but fits into Mourinho’s Man U side perfectly with his slow tactics.

1 Like

I know but don’t spoil the party, lets enjoy it while we can, It as been a long time coming.
Let 's see how it goes on Thursday but for the time being we are having the time of our lives.

2 Likes

That’s a bit OTT but they are doin ok against teams they should be beating quite easily. Belgium are a different class and will be a good test. Looks ike England will meet someone from the Colombia group but not Poland who are eliminated.

1 Like

I had no idea that teams were paid so much,

1 Like

Me neither. Interesting read.

Glad I’m not a Germany supporter :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Yep! Got to laugh. About time they learnt how the English feel at major football tournaments. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’ve been in Jarnac and managed to catch nearly all the first half of France v Denmark.

As I have Danish as well as French links… I was prepared to cheer for whichever side did some great stuff…

Sadly the internet connection failed… and I was left muttering dark thoughts … as neither side had shown much talent up until then… :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

@Stella, ten days ago you said ‘Germany are out’ and I scoffed, shows what I know!:grin:

1 Like

Perhaps I should pay more heed to my tea leaves… :thinking:

1 Like