World Cup

It is part of my profession thank you. Wikipedia is the font of all wisdom... ahem, ahem.

Yes, of course the newer favelas are a health and safety hazard, so are armed men who drive the people off their land for the big land grabbing corporations. The established favelas, roughly 60 years old, looked like ordinary suburbs until the diggers turned up. As for your drug criminality position at first, please tell us more. If you wish to be better informed, I can supply you with as many links as you wish, but I hope your Portuguese is good and that you have no problems reading academic research to begin with. If you want to start yourself then contact Professor Irene Rizzini or Professor Irma Rizzini, Professor Benedito Rodrigues Dos Santos or Dr Gary Stahl of UNICEF Brazil, just Google them then ask them to inform you about favelas.

I never said there is anything wrong with football, it is the powers that be with big money and absolutely no conscience about what their business does to people, who probably care far more about profit than football anyway and complicit governments.

:-O :-D

It means "spot-on" ;-)

Hi Angela

Thanks for your help in trying to keep this on subject. I've been trying but to no avail. It seams we are not going to be able to discuss purely football without wading through a multitude of other subjects. (though admittedly sometimes interesting) . Pity.

cant disagree with the first part Andrew. Cant understand the second part( not knowing who's playing for England on a football world cup thread). Oh yes i can - a rugby fan infiltrating a football thread. Have you no pride? (tongue in cheek)

rhetorically catch and release?

And now i am released too go cut the lawns and finish the packing before supporting hull and athletic Madrid. or i maybe divorced

Hi Tony, I stand corrected! Per capita output doesn't put them very high on the rich list (11 000 for Brazil against 38 000 UK,39000 UAE, switzerland 79000 and 51 000 US) - so not rich but not that poor neither!!

I do agree with you, whilst most football cynics focus on the negatives, their dislike for the game clouds their judgement and as such they fail to see the positives and completely ignore the passion it generates in billions of people.

That said, some aspects of the game are nonetheless gauling.

We pulicly condemn executives running a multi million pound companies, gernating thousand of jobs etc etc 'creaming' several million in wages, and we promote to celebrity staus the relatively unskilled footballer 'demanding' much higher salaries.....

How could one possibly think any different? Does your fishing business have a "Catch & Return" policy? ;-)

"Perhaps you ought to start a rhetorical thread Vic??? It could go on a long time......"

What?

hi

i am perfect?? never tell a women she is not!!!

and happily married Vic

Hi tony

tony did not know i was suppose too leave the fishing to the hubby!!! , Thanks Doreen never heard of that symbol, as i said no offense intended.

tony who are you supporting in the world Cup i was just walking my JRT's thinking of all the players missing from the world cup for England whom may have made the difference most notably Theo walcott for his pace and experience and on a bias note Karl Walker and Andre Townsend, plus the geezer from Southampton can not think of his name?

Angie

Aw come on Tony! With Angela's profile, football passion apart, she might be a good catch. Still I suppose nobody's perfect;-)

And could the world attention perhaps shame the authorities into action???

Whatever! Nice talking to you Angella.

"They think it's all over. It is now" ;-)

Yep, Brive have done really well, USAP not! I'd like to think Albi (allez le SCA) might eventually get their act together and get back up there in the top14 but I seem to be dreaming at the moment!

ha ha Vic

Emotive words Vic ! so it is alright for you to assume i am testy, but not for me to reply hardly fair i would say

if you are correct then maybe i will have to look for a political discussion to discuss football, yes i am a nubie to this form and made the mistake that the OP was the content of the discussion silly me

glad to hear your a footy fan Doreen forgot you said you were Arsenal! So know that was not a motive behind my posts

I would love to discuss your thoughts on the chances of those Arsenal players participating in the World cup?

I am hoping our Belgium players will do me proud as i drew Belgium in the Sweep stakes

Doreen. I chose the words very carefully & of course meant " more senior" in the sense of how long you had been a SFN member. Shame on you for thinking I could suggest anything else :-)

Angella. The longer you stay here the more you will realise that things go off course & the OP is not considered the centre of the universe. It's that sort of place so I suggest you get used to it 'cos it aint gonna change! Nobody is being rude to you, it's the way this place is. Why do you use emotive words such as "rude", "hate", "hijacking" "have a go" etc, which all seem to indicate you are looking to raise the temperature here. My original thought was that you were unnecessarily rude to Doreen but I chose at that time not to mention it & tried to keep things friendly. You have apologised to Doreen & that's great so what's your problem? This thing could have been over yonks ago & here we are still spouting bollocks when I thought you only wanted this thread to be about football. Aren't you just a little bit guilty of doing what you accuse others of? ;-) Please don't answer that, it's rhetorical!

Good side but Brive have done well since coming back up.

Allez Brive !

Shame about USAP... (NOT !)

Hi

There is no need to be rude i was only trying to discuss the original topic football and the world cup, Doreen i am indeed sorry if you felt i was being rude not my intention so no need Vic to suggest otherwise. i am not testy or on my high horse just looking forward to a discuss as the title suggested on football with other like minded members as the original post asked can we stick to this topic and not digress

i love football and discussion about the world cup and i am interested whom we all support and the feeling of other members on that subject. Especially on Englands chances

So i am at a lost to why so many members whom obviously Hate football want to answer a footballing post and change it into a political or otherwise discussion.