World-wide, multi-trip travel insurance

Natwest bank are quite happy to maintain my account (at a branch near Manchester) with me having a French address, although Nationwide refused to do the same thing.

this is indeed useful. I was under the impression that one could onlty get insurance in the country of residence. (just as it is impossible to open a uk bank account as a french resident)

geoff

You can go to the company that I have used for travel insurance. Go to www.amariz.co.uk and then click on useful links and then on the link to World Wide Travel. Good luck

Ian Swan

I second your recommendation for Europesure Direct, Paul. We chose them for our travel insurance renewal earlier this year after checking out loads of different companies. Cheaper than our previous company and good level of coverage specified. Haven't had to use it yet (thank goodness!) but be interesting to see if they walk the walk as well as talk the talk........

Graham, I would prefer if the discussion continued as it may benefit others too. You can stop following it using the link above if you prefer not to receive any further notifications.

Thanks

James

Just to clarify my last post. What I meant by stopping where we are, is that there is no need for further posts on the subject.

OK, thank you everyone. I think I have enough info. now to stop where we are.

I'd be amazed if someone age 79 might not fall foul of this

We will not pay for claims arising from any pre-existing condition at the inception date of the Period of Travel. This exclusion shall not apply if such pre-existing condition has been without the necessity of medical consultation or treatment for 24 consecutive months prior to the commencement date of the Period of Travel. "Treatment" is defined as any change from the routine / regular prescribed medication necessitated by a change in health condition and "Consultation" would be any visit to a GP or hospital which is not routine and that may require further medical investigation. For example - regular check ups for existing blood pressure / diabetes are considered routine.

Which I think says
If your statin dose has changed in the last 2 years and you were unfortunate enough to have some cardio-vascular problem while away, you would not be covered

Just a little side note ....

By coincidence, I've just been talking to Europesure about cover for me in January. "Worldwide cover" can be a little misleading. Even if you tell them exactly where you are going, you need to check the FCO travel advice web pages as well. Because if the British FCO advises against travel to a particular country OR REGION then you are NOT covered there. At all. Even if you just trip in the shower and break your arm. Now that is pretty straightforward for say, Afghanistan. But it gets a LOT more complicated for places like India and Mauritania.

Bon voyage!

We have used Columbus Direct as it is based on where you travel and teh cover is good - They have a section up to 74.

www.columbusdirect.co.uk

All on line and very efficient

A bit late sorry Bruce, you get a 10% discount with code SFN12

Upon your advice,Paul, Stella and I have just insured ourselves with Europesure. It cost £191, so, not bad, eh? We go to foreign climes 2 or 3 times a year, one for about 10 weeks, so it’s good value, I think.

Hi Graham,

Try Europesure Direct www.europesuredirect.com - they go up to age 79 and are underwritten at Lloyd's of London