Xavier Bettel

Just listened to Xavier Bettel, very interesting and easy on the eye :wink:
Is that sexist :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I am sure that is what his husband thinks too…so allowed! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yep, without upsetting O/H !

1 Like

At least he turned up - more than can be said for Johnson.

3 Likes

Any chance this was all set up?

There was a small group of Remain protesters (they quietened down to allow Bettel to speak) - just before the PC was due to start Johnson’s people asked to move indoors but there was no suitable venue and, in any case all the comms wiring was set up outside, so he chickened out.

Whether you believe it was a set up or not probably depends on your view of Johnson - his fans will not accept that he is capable of any wrongdoing so, of course, it was all the Luxembourgers’ fault.

1 Like

That’s unfair Paul, what purpose would be served by Johnson standing there and taking abuse just for the sake of it? I can’t stand the man but it was obvious the PC was going to be disrupted so you can’t really blame him for doing a runner.

Oh yes we can!

He needs to stand up and defend what he believes in if he expects us to believe in him.

8 Likes

Can you imagine Juncker being willing to stand in front of people who are booing and jeering at him and drowning out anything he tried to say?

I thought Bettel spoke well… and I heard every word of the video clip on the BBC News. :thinking:

Boris was asked about concrete proposals and he waffled on - never a straight answer… he has done nothing, nothing but waffle.

7 Likes

Mandy… he made it a point to only speak to the Journalist, lest the crowds make things difficult - and then he said absolutely nothing. He really is something unmentionable.

2 Likes

Fair point… only I reckon Juncker would have given a decent interview when given the opportunity to do so.

• Boris had just such an opportunity, no heckling etc etc… and he wasted it.
2 Likes

well, my take on this is that he had nothing to say (because he lied about having something to say). Nothing concrete written down to discuss with his “European friends” as he so likes to describe them.
The guy is just full of wind and piss (probably quite a lot of piss actually following a rather pleasant lunch) and he clearly doesn’t like handling objections.
Not unlike Trump who will only “perform” in front of a hand picked crowd of cronies.
What an embarrassment :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

The most concrete proposal would be to move to an NI only backstop - the EU have indicated that they would be perfectly OK since that was their original negotiating position anyway, it’s probably the only “deal” that could be done in the timescale that he suggested.

Could he “sell” that back to parliament? Ummm…

Well this was nothing more than a cynical stunt to divert attention away from the fact he has nothing with which to negotiate.

1 Like

Somebody called him ‘the sulking hulk’

1 Like

It’s typical Boris though isn’t it?

Promise - the madder he gets the stronger he gets:

Delivery - scarpers with tail between his legs following small challenge:

Obligatory pedantry: It’s “The Hulk”, “The Incredible Hulk” was the name of the comic.

1 Like

Surely “The Incredible Sulk” will be quoted in the press shortly if not already.

1 Like

Maybe thats is where I heard it…fitting.