Xmas state pension dates

This crops up every Xmas, as the bank holidays are different to the actual festivity dates the payment dates for state pension have been adjusted, thought people would like to know for budgeting purposes. Pension dates are second column of the table.

Thanks @digitracker !
However, am I the only one to be (still) irritated by the redesignation of the State Pension as a ā€œbenefitā€? I have what I have because I paid the contributionsā€¦

4 Likes

Its an insult really because youhave earned andpaid towards your pension, not claimed it because of hard times. I think a lot of the people who write these information pages are ignorant to be honest and lump everyone who is getting money from the UK government as benefit claimants.

Unfortunately @Shiba , it seems to have been a deliberate decision by the government at the time as I remember the cynical bit of me thinking that they could then dump it in with general ā€˜benefit cutsā€™ rather than state they were cutting pensions. However, I know that I can be overly cynical at times so please treat my views with caution!!

I am sure you are not alone in your cynical thinking. It is pretty disgusting to downgrade those who have paid in for 44 years for it to be called a benefit and not a pension award.

4 Likes