Your choice

pain au chocolat ou pain au raisin?

Definitely Pain au Raisin - I am delighted as I have found this that the small épicerie in our village sells excellent ones so long as you are there before 8am. The ones from our boulangerie are not as good.

1 Like

Defiantly raisin for me.

1 Like

Pain au chocolat… c’est une chocolatine, bordel ! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

both… :wink:
pain chocolat dimanche petit-déjeuner pain au raisin samedi et dimanche onze heures avec la café noir :yum:

heathen -

2 Likes

I’ve graduated to suisses, when I can find good ones, which have a layer of custard as well as the chocolate.

I nearly gave up shopping in my Leclerc when they stopped doing the toasted-flaked-almond-covered chocolate and almond-frangipane-filled croissants they used to do. In true France customer service style, as a customer I was never able to obtain an explanation as to why they suddenly stopped these. It was a tragedy.

the French cinemas are full of those :grinning:

Neither, croissants for me

ead014d441a89618ab6f068f5c6a0d98

:grin::grin::grin:

6 Likes

Pain au chocolat is a bread roll with chocolate stuffed in it. Chocolatine is a pastry with chocolate. It’s really not that complicated. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:
The best chocolatine can be found in Argèles-Gazost but I personally prefer a brioche or a croissant. I can’t stand pain au raisons. Dans les Hautes-Pyrénées, on s'arrache la meilleure chocolatine du monde - ladepeche.fr

2 Likes

I can’t speak for other departments but nobody in the whole of the Var knows that, all 1.076 million of us :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ah, northerners…come down to the South West @John_Scully, we’ll show you how it’s done…and yes anything above Toulouse is the North as far as we are concerned :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m five hours east of Toulouse Damaris. I’ll just put your pain o’choc aberration down to you speaking Occitan and not French :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Pffff that’s my childhood goûter you’re dissing :grin:

2 Likes

Anything above the Massif des Maures is the North I think you’ll find :grin:

2 Likes

I suspect it’s the local dialect that’s done the real damage. I scored 20/20 in the ‘tu sais que tu viennes de la Bigorre quand…’ test :rofl:
But on the other hand… Chocolatine, Chocolatine, Chocolatine!!! :innocent::innocent::innocent:

1 Like

Yes @vero , you are quite right.
@John_Scully you are from the North. I’m very sorry but you are welcome here. Our chocolatine conversion therapy is both effective and ‘gourmand’.
:pray::innocent:

2 Likes

Raisin for me/us. But not for breakfast, 2 petits cafes are essential to start me off, with one small slice of toasted wholemeal bread with butter and marmalade.

But for pudding, after dinner in the evening, I buy raisins and Suisse and half them for each of us. We alternate them. I have mine with creme anglaises, cream or ice cream. Herself has them with her prescribed Fortimel drinks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh no, I’m within spitting distance of the Massif des Maures and can nip over the top anytime I feel like making sand castles or buying candy floss. Those south of me live in a traffic jam from May to October :slightly_smiling_face: My bestest friend :hugs: lives in Rayol-Canadel. The only way to get to see him during the summer is to drive over a glorified goat track called La Mole.:scream: One sneeze and you’re over the edge.

2 Likes