Your film or TV series recomendations (2021 TV binge)

I’ll still wait until tomorrow to read it just in case it hints things…

1 Like

Watching a new Aussie series call Amazing Grace - about a midwife and it is really good!

Also watching an end of the world thing where the whole world is frozen and there is a train going around in perpetual motion with the only survivors on it. I’ll edit when I remember what it is called :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The snowpiercer? Le transperceneige. I think.:blush:

1 Like

That is it!

Not a film or series but an interesting programme (if you like architecture) about the new-ish Renzo Piano-designed Tribunal de Paris (Europe’s largest law courts), tonight on Sky Arts if you receive UK TV (it’s on Freeview now, been on FV for a year I think).

There is however a tie-in with series as this Tribunal de Paris is closely linked to the series Engrenages/Spiral, as in S7 and S8 many legal scenes were filmed there. Most of the legal bits in S1-S6 were filmed in the Palais de Justice on the Île de la Cité in hyper-central Paris (the island where Notre Dame sits), Machard’s and Roban’s offices were there etc.

It only fully opened 3 years ago but has already etched its name into the annals of French legal history (there was Sarkozy trial a month ago, re his trying to bribe a judge in 2014 - with another one there in May, the so-called Bygmalion case, as part of his legal marathon started years ago; there’s been the Mediator trial which concluded yesterday; there was the Fillons’ trial a year ago; the Charlie Hebdo trial last autumn which lasted 3 months; there will be the Bataclan/13 November 2015 attacks trial from this coming September, scheduled to last 7 months; etc.)

1 Like

I’m wrong actually, that trial will take place in the Palais de Justice on the Île de la Cité, in a specially-built courtroom (a big one, it’s a mammoth trial - over 1,750 plaintiffs, hundreds of lawyers, ditto journalists etc. Obviously there won’t all be present simultaneously but still, they’re having to build a 550-seat capacity courtroom within the Palais de Justice).

Colette, tomorrow evening on BBC2. Here is the Wiki page of this biopic.

For all its flaws, this biopic (starring Kiera Knightley and Dominic West) is still well worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqdyyk-iOvY

I cannot find where to watch earlier series’ of Line of Duty. I don’t have any of the catch up options, Netfix are not showing it now :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Any ideas, please?

We bought series 2 then 3,4 & 5 combination pack from Amazon France on Blu-Ray to get up to speed before S6 now running. Didn’t get S1 as we watched a repeat of the 6 episodes which we had already missed. It’s presented in English.

1 Like

Of buy them on iTunes and cast them to your Tv if you are are google person. Each series is between £8 and £12 pound in SD, so dvd/bluray might be cheaper.

1 Like

Snowpiercer is excellent. Worth staying with for the second series as it gets better and better.

I don’t believe it we forgot to watch LoD last night :cry:

Oh @Lily Mother of God! you missed a belter of an episode.

1 Like

St I am so p*ed🤬 looks as if I will need to buy this series too!
Thank you @graham :stuck_out_tongue::wink:

1 Like

I rarely watch TV so rely on the reminder.
Sewing Bee starts this week, think I better set this on my phone…gawd!
I keep looking out for the third series of His Dark Materials, starting sometime this year.

1 Like

So did we!!! Can’t believe it. But we do have a vpn so OH has downloaded it (very difficult here) and we will watch in a bit. No spoilers please!

1 Like

I’ll not mention the orangutan and the elephant then

:elephant: :orangutan: :rofl:

2 Likes