Your film or TV series recomendations (2021 TV binge)

How scary/violent is it?

We just finished binge watching it last night. It has its "moments ". Well worth watching, think there’s going to be a third series next year

1 Like

It is SO good we binge watched the first 5 episodes on Saturday night!

1 Like

Maybe I should watch it during daylight hours? :open_mouth::scream:

2 Likes

Yes, although that gives you more hours to binge the whole series (not that I’ve every done that - the 5 was a record for me!) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

On tonight (Weds 14 April BBC1 2200 CEST)

For those of you that enjoyed ITV’s drama “Too Close” that has been screened for the last 3 nights, here’s a reminder of the wonderful song that it featured. Enjoy x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaX0iqyzK7Q?

1 Like

Did anyone watch Bent Coppers last night?
Quite interesting and you can see where the inspiration came from for the Line of Duty series.
I wonder how many complaints the BBC got…

It is repeated 21st April at 02.00 :open_mouth: maybe it will be an insomniac night!
Why then is LoD not repeated :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
OH has just told me he watched it and enjoyed.

1 Like

I remember the 70’s scandals…had a boyfriend who was a london copper at the time.

My OH and I are currently watching Behind Her Eyes (on Netflix so stop reading now if you’ve not got that). Only 6 episodes in total so we binge watch 2 episodes a night and tonight we’ll be finishing it.

The story is that a single mother meets a guy in a bar, who she finds out the next day is her new boss and starts having an affair. She then inadvertently becomes friends with her new boss’s wife. However things between the husband and wife aren’t what they seem at first.

Apparently the book is even better

1 Like

I don’t know if it has been mentioned yet but “The Boys” (Amazon Prime) is fabulous.

Billy ******* Butcher!!! :slight_smile:

It’s a bit “gritty” sometimes though. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who likes their TV without gallons of fake blood.

I am going to add the French series Call My Agent as coming pretty dang close to BB…completely different but hugely enjoyable.

1 Like

Last week we binge watched Brigerton - just what I needed at the moment!

3 Likes

Tonight on BBC4 at 10pm is the 1956 film Town like Alice…those of us of a certain age might like to rewatch this overblown classic. Nevil Shute was one of my favorite authors when I was about 11.

1 Like

5 Likes

My OH says Homeland was a great series. He binge-watched for several weeks!

Homeland (Official Series Site) Watch on Showtime (Homeland (Official Series Site) Watch on Showtime)

About The Series . Homeland is an edge-of-your-seat sensation. CIA officer Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) is tops in her field despite being bipolar, which makes her volatile and unpredictable. With the help of her long-time mentor Saul Berenson (Mandy Patinkin), Carrie fearlessly risks everything, including her personal well-being and even …

Watch Homeland Season 1 | Prime Video (https://www.amazon.com/Homeland-Season-1/dp/B008QTV3X0)

Homeland . Based on an Israeli television series “Prisoners of War”; a psychological thriller that tells the story of Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes), a CIA officer battling her own demons, who becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of Nicholas Brody (Damian Lewis) a U.S. soldier who had been missing and presumed dead for …

1 Like