Your photos - beautiful or interesting skies

Seen a lot ‘at sea’ Simon, can be spectacular, one phenomenon, at sunset, ‘The Green Flash’, amazing!

1 Like

Amazing sky last night.

4 Likes

Similar to ones I didn’t want to see when sailing Mandy, looked like a ‘bruise’, not a good omen, hope it ‘panned out’ ok for you :slightly_smiling_face:

It was so beautiful Bill. Today has been glorious.

1 Like

:+1: Thats good, been lovely here too, though, bit of a cool breeze, hope it warms up for tomorrow, big family, birthday barby :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

4 Likes

20180623_214833

This was this evening in the UK (next weekend it can be view from garden in France!)

4 Likes

Looking forward to something a bit different now !

4 Likes

Same same innit tonight.
Time we ad a good Stormy Sky,
or not
:thinking:

I saw skies like this, last night… 24th June… blood red clouds/streaks all across the sky from the west… fabulous… and I thought of “shepherd’s delight” and wondered what that meant… :thinking::thinking:

It’s not going to rain straight away🌦. Red sky is caused by sunlight retracting off dust particles high in the atmosphere, moisture condenses around the dust to make rain.

2 Likes

Ahhh, and there was me also thinking it was a ‘shepherds delight’, come on Mark leave us romantic souls a bit of wonder :wink:

4 Likes

The nuclear tests to the south of us made for interesting skies the other day!

5 Likes

Well, it’s in the sky, isn’t it?

I have never yet taken what I consider to be a good photo of the moon, lack of enough mm on focal length is probably the fundamental issue (this taken on a EOS 550D with a EFS 18-200mm zoom at 200mm, 3200 ISO 1/640 and F13; possibly not the best lens for the shot and it mighht be improved by lowering the ISO and opening the lens a bit as there is a lot of noise).

It is recognisable, anyway and - as I plan on making it my last post for a while a suitable (temporary) swansong.

3 Likes

Try this:

:slight_smile:

I hope everything is OK Paul. I will miss your posts. Please come back soon.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Oh lovely. Cotton wool clouds.

1 Like

3 Likes