Your photos - beautiful or interesting skies

3 Likes

I love a rainbow. Just dark skies and drizzle here today.

1 Like

The sun is coming back now, we had a lot of rain for 20 mn, and last night too.

1 Like
1 Like

3 Likes

“Maize growin’ high as an elephants eye” :slightly_smiling_face:
Lovely sky for dinner time!

We stopped in Chinon in 2017 - I have always had an interest in the maid of Orlean and it so happened we learned that she had visited the towns castle whilst on campaign. It was an incredibly humid day and sure enough the heavens opened. I later looked at the photographs I’d taken and saw what looks like an image of Joan herself in the clouds above Chinon. Can you see her face?:wink:

3 Likes

I took this photo yesterday…it was bright and warm and sunny and I didn’t look at it until I got home…I was really surprised how grey the sky was…x :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Very nice.

I think that it needs a bit of Photoshop though

2 Likes

Looks a bit ‘fake’ tho’ Paul :thinking:

I confess I did “overcook” it a bit on purpose.

1 Like

Did you do that on a pc Paul…???

It makes the sky look a little more foreboding but clarifies the reflections in the water…I like it…x :slight_smile:

I only have my phone to take photos and the most I do is to enlarge and then screenshot…I think my phone has a few gizmos but I don’t use them…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, with Photoshop.

Split the sky from the rest of the photo, adjust exposure, contrast, brightness and saturation for the foreground and castle, and then contrast enhance the sky, then reduce the size for posting and applying a sharpening filter to the whole lot…

As Bill says it does wind up a bit unnatural but I knew that it would - I was after “punch” rather than a natural-looking shot.

2 Likes

gauloise smokering?

7 Likes

Infinity …lovely :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Big Sky :hugs:

Is it just me or does anyone else see a dragon breathing fire and with outstretched wings in this sky ?

:confounded:

7 Likes

I didnt know that! Thanks for sharing…now i can sound smart around my kiddos!!!

Oo-er missus! People have been burned at the stake for less than that…:bat: :ghost::bat:

1 Like