Your photos - the view from your house

On Thursday with the snow. Out the front:

Out the back:

9 Likes

That’s a big house.

The one at the top is 2 houses - we live in the left hand end. The one at the bottom has been a chapel and a school before becoming a home, and was mentioned in the Domesday book - that IS a big house, previously lived in by David Shukman of the BBC.

2 Likes

Lovely farm. Are you near to Belleme? Its about an hour from la Chartre and a very pretty town.

Thanks I love it.
No, we are around 35 miles further south near Connerré, so closer to you in Tours than Belleme.

We bunked off church and went for a walk in the valley this morning.

12 Likes

Nice gaff

View from the sitting room this afternoon - lovely blue sky but hell of a wind chill :cold_face: correction, looks like I selected one from the back of the house :grin:

7 Likes

Chilly valley

6 Likes

very nostalgic for me…reminded me of new england nights! snow falling and warm and cozy inside…

and the next day this!

9 Likes

Lovely! So envious.

Not a view from the house, but can see my house in it.
Vézelay

8 Likes

Is that the Vézelay Abbey ? We visited it many years ago, lovely town :sunglasses:

Is that how things are now? Looks a bit different from when you showed us the Abbey last year!

Yes, Vézelay.

It did do a couple of days ago, snow has melted now.

@Ancient_Mariner
This was taken today Haut Folin about 25km from your house

5 Likes

Interesting. We noticed the signs on the way to Lac des Settons requiring winter tyres at certain times of year, and I can now see why. :+1:

1 Like

Looking up the Lot from our ground floor.

Must get round to pruning those vines…

2 Likes

I’ve read that every landscape photographer’s kit bag should contain a machete and chain saw. :wink:

2 Likes