Your Top 3 - Things You Love About France?

1. Civilised behaviour embedded in respect for family values.
  2. Beautiful towns that are vibrant communities, not soulless concrete arcades of tat and charity shops.
  3. Space and tranquility when you need it - being the only person on a magical Brittany beach at sunset.
1 Like

To be honest, when I started this discussion, I was ok with 1 & 2 but struggled to find number 3!! I suppose I was trying to identify those things that were unique to France and now, come to think of it ‘space’ and ‘family values’ are not that unique - maybe just more evident?

1 Like

Is there a Top 3 - Things You Do Not Love about France conversation somewhere? :wink:

Now that’s just naughty! Start one… :slight_smile:

1. Community pride and quality of life - flower displays in summer and prizes for the most attractive gardens and patio displays, public areas clean and tidy and attractive, and people interested enough to flag it up and get something done if they see standards starting to slip
  2. Crocodiles of tiny bright-eyed schoolkids who all say ‘Bonjour’ as they go past you in the street - though it gets exhausting saying Bonjour back.
  3. The smell of the air. Different parts of France seem to have different-smelling air. I could get drunk on it.
1 Like
  1. Ferry to Dover
  2. Ferry to Folkestone
  3. Ferry to Portsmouth.
    :slight_smile:
1 Like

So sad if true. :frowning: .

1 Like

Not true. Friday afternoon humour.

3 Likes