Your Work - Please read this before posting!

I loved your book best foot forwards Susie.

Seems I stuck this in the wrong 'reply' box so sincere apologies to those who have got this twice.

Anyhoo! Loving this group and feeling very much in my element. What a great diversion on a winter afternoon by the fire ;-). I can't believe it took me so long to find this part of SFN!!

I've been living in France for 17 years now and started a blog about four years ago to get myself back into writing.

I am a calligrapher too so use the inspiring phrases I paint onto old doors and pieces of wood as philosophical food for the blog... it was a way of motivating myself when the monumental mastodon that is the French administration, or the general 'no that's not possible' attitude was beating me down. It used to be my escape ...now it's my pleasure.

I've just moved to Wordpress, where I continue to write again about similar things, mostly about carefully selected and impelling words, the lighter side (most times) of home educating 3 children in France, and all sorts of philosophical ideas relating to education, destuckifying ourselves and getting the most out of every day :)

If you need a little free motivation or some ideas for re-inspiring, kick starting and de-guiltifying yourself then I'd love you to drop by. Feel free to leave a comment or share your own ways of inspiring positive change. You can visit my blog here :www.signedbyange.com, do sign up for updates if you like it :)

Looking forward to catching up with you all.

Oh thank you! I hope you enjoy it (if you like the trailer I'm sure you will!). Hope Amazon pointed you at the right one - the hardback out February has a cover that looks like the trailer, and they've knocked £4 off the price so it's a good deal! xx

Me again. Loved it... And popping over to Amazon to get it (not near any other bookstores here so hope I can get it off Amazon). A must have :) Particularly loved the little girl reading in your book trailer. Afraid that brought a tear to my eye.

And yes! always a lot on the boil here.. seems I'm always trying to simplify ;-)

Congratulations.

When I am too tired [old age] I like to write.
Here is a link and a couple of google searches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ie8yDSvM8A
or
google ...Quantum Union Kindle Sci Fi

[free to SFN members for a while.][1st half on www.tridi.com then email me for second half if you are still awake.]
or
google...Terry Deal Poetry

There are also 5 YouTube poems on SFN under vids.

I like to make poetry vids, but they don't seem very popular.
If anyone has any ideas then tell me straight.
Our pet rabbit gets more hits per day:-(.

Thank you!

I sometimes end up in odd places here too. It's because I'm always juggling five things at once and I forget quite where I'm supposed to be! Looking at your post below it looks as though you have a lot on the boil too! xx

I'm still getting the hang of where I should be replying so everyone will see me popping up willy nilly until I get it sorted out. In the mean time - I'm popping over to check out your trailer and congratulations on finding a publisher! Looking forward to reading it.

Helloo there all,

I'm having a fabulous time looking over everyone's work from novels to poetry and blogs - what a great diversion from inspiration for my own work ;-). Thank you! I can't believe it took me so long to find this part of SFN!!

I've been living in France for 17 years now and started a blog about four years ago to get myself back into writing.

I am a calligrapher too so would use the inspiring phrases I painted as philosophical food for the blog... it was a way of motivating myself when the monumental mastodon that is the French administration, or the general 'no that's not possible' attitude was beating me down. It used to be my escape seeing I'm a prisoner here I'm married to a Frenchman and won't be moving back to NZ or Australia any time soon.

I've just moved from Blogspot over to Wordpress, where I continue to write again about similar things, mostly about carefully selected words, the lighter side (most times) of home educating 3 children in France, and all sorts of philosophical ideas relating to education, destuckifying ourselves and positivity in general.

This time it's a 'proper' bilingual website though and I write every week first in English, then in French (although I missed the French version last week). The muse is much more prolific and fluid in English of course... However I've been making an effort in French - seeing I've been living here so long 'n' all.

If you need a little free motivation, some food for thought, some ideas for re-inspiring yourself then I'd love you to drop by. Feel free to leave a comment or add your ideas for a discussion. I'm into getting people thinking laterally using creative interpretation of words and inspirational quotes...

You can visit my blog here :www.signedbyange.com, do sign up for updates if you like it :)

Now - back to my reading... of all your wonderful work.

Thanks, Frances! I signed up with Bloomsbury two years ago can you imagine? Can't quite believe it's finally launch time! x

Claire, congratulations on finding a publisher and I liked the trailer. Nice.

My debut novel is at last out next month and now available to order from all the usual places.

It's called The Night Rainbow, it's set in France and you can find out more about it here

http://www.claire-king.com/books/the-night-rainbow/

Including a sample chapter, the short book trailer, what early reviewers have had to say etc.

I hope you like it'

Hi Frances I rang round loads of companies in the Uk and France and the one we have just picked to use is the following-they seem really helpful-so far our build is looking fab and they are not too pricey. Barbara the company owner is brilliant. They do websites to be hosted in the Uk or France and can host for you. I dont have shares in them, we are a Cabinet Makers here. Here is their link:http://www.ddawebdesign.com/

The build in a contace management system etc so you can update yourself. Hope you find that helpful.

I'm working on my first book and realise I will need a book website. Can anyone suggest how I can get one consrtucted where I can update material myself, link to my blogger blog, load videos onto it and have it looking pretty? Will need hosting and analytics and preferably search engine optimisation. Help!

Sounds like a great read and WELL DONE!

Hi,

I am new to writing, having only started last year. I thought about writing a novel for years but the ideas never came. This year I completed my first one, called "Clouds over the Montagne Noire." Some of it is based on conversations with French friends and some is imagination. I live in the Languedoc region so some of it is about wine sales as well. I know it's not literature, but my mum would have been proud! Below is the 'book blurb. It is on Amazon as a paperback and as a Kindle version. (I would like to add a link to it but I don't know how and if I try I will probably break either this website or Amazon's). If anyone would like to read the whole book then I will be happy to send a PDF file if you send me your email address. I would welcome any comments. Thanks for reading the blurb.

When tragedy strikes Lynne and Alex Stevens, they decide to make a fresh start in an idyllic wine producing village in the South of France. But even before they move in they unwittingly make enemies. Someone hates them, but who and why? Lynne teaches in the local Lycée, and her influence will change the course of one of her pupil’s lives forever. In the village, falling wine sales force one château owner to choose between the woman he loves and financial security, and when the owner of the local shop discovers a terrible secret about her brother she faces an agonising dilemma. A compelling story of the hopes and aspirations of a community in the Languedoc region between the Montagne Noire and the Pyrenees.

Hi All,

I want to shamelessly promote my recent success and consequent publication. The book "Best Paris Stories" is being launched at a party in the American Library in Paris on 29 May. The book is available in paperback and Ebook from Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Best-Paris-Stories-Jeannine-Alter/dp/0982369859. See also http://www.summertimepublications.com/2012/02/best-paris-stories-anthology-to-be-published-by-summertime-publications.html

Review:

The Valley Of Heaven And Hell, cycling in the shadow of Marie Antoinette is a book I will definitely suggest to people who think that the darn ('scuse me) Eiffel Tower is THE thing to see in Paris and that Paris is all you have to see to know France. Suzie Kelly shows us that France is rich, very rich, especially in tradition and history. Bless you, milady Kelly.

The Valley Of Heaven And Hell, cycling in the shadow of Marie Antoinette is a very well-written 'patchwork-story’ of the author and husband Terry’s frolics on the velo, Marie-Antoinette and Louis XVI’s tragic life, and the combination of history, deep emotions, religion (and anti-religion) made for a solid write.

Besides, combining it all within the sheer madness of two people doing all that on bicycles: brilliant.

Ms Kelly touched me deeply at points (to tears, actually, especially where her own feelings and memories were concerned and made for her emotional reaction to certain historic places) and angered me every once in a while, by telling me too often how awful she looked (she must have, though). Terry's eternal need for food made me grin, but after an even more moving relate about Marie Antoinette and Louis, I felt like bashing him over the head. And Marie Antoinette and Louis? How sad, how very sad to end your young life like that. Served them right? There, too, Suzie Kelly manages to show the so very human side of these human beings, damned to be born to become kings and queens.

In my humble opinion, The Valley Of Heaven And Hell, cycling in the shadow of Marie Antoinette is a lovely, funny, touching, fascinating, instructive book, a darn good tourist guide for one specific part of France and if, at school, children would get history lessons like this one, they'd be much more interested, I’m sure.

Best Foot Forward - from La Rochelle to Lake Geneva, was my first published book in paperback. I have now regained the rights, and the title has been released as a digital book for all e-reader devices, including Kindle, by blackbirdebooks. It's available to download to Kindle from here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Foot-Forward-ebook/dp/B005UHJAK4/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1318770088&sr=1-1, and in all other digital formats from http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/94296

Earlier this year The Valley of Heaven and Hell - cycling in the shadow of Marie-Antoinette was published by blackbirdebooks, and is available in paperback and Kindle from here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Valley-Heaven-Hell-Marie-Antoinette-ebook/dp/B004TGTXU4/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1318770179&sr=1-1 and in all other digital formats from http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/48852

Bless you, Catharine. You should have it by tomorrow. Hope you enjoy!

Well. I am looking for ideas of where to advertise. I would like to translate for English speaking facilitators wanting to organise personal development groups in the South of France.
I am a body psychotherapist trained in London but settled in aix en provence. I would like to work as an interpreter to meet people really.