Zoe Ball radio 2

Zoe Ball is going to host the Radio 2 breakfast show at a salary of £1.2 million a year, 500k less than Chris Evans.
Yet another reason to get myself over to France permanently and stop paying the licence fee.
Do French presenters get paid these sums does anybody know? Seems a ridiculous amount for talking inbetween music for 3 hours.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t fancy the job.

1 Like

Well it would be early starts. And I’m not sure I could keep up the constant a political, no swearing allowed drivel.
Not that I swear very often but sometimes a bloody or s…t just pops out!

2 Likes

I don’t listen to R2, certainly not Chris Evans who I find simply annoying.

I might actually listen to Zoe Ball - but 1.2million, what FFS, justifies that salary for a radio presenter?

2 Likes

If that’s the going rate then that’s the salary, a matter of opinion (naturally) whether it’s justified or not, as an aside her predecessor is now getting £2 million plus at Virgin.

Speaking of things Radio 2 I’ve been sad to hear Mark Radcliffe has been diagnosed with tongue cancer with some lymph node involvement. He is a decent guy who has never got carried away with the fame thing

Yes, that’s so sad. Hope he makes a good recovery.

Really enjoyed sharing our mornings with Chris Evans. He’s a quick witted family guy, who obviously cast his former image. Will miss him

1 Like

It’s a missleading headline. That’s a total package fee for all of her BBC work including but not exclusively Saturday radio, it takes 2 for strictly etc.
3 hours air time plus the same in preparation and post broadcast.
Still a lot of money, but not just for 3 hours in the morning.

1 Like

I think these amounts are obscene. A registrar with 5 plus years experience gets £47k.

1 Like

Unfortunately we live in a time where celebrity trumps everything else (no pun intended).

2 Likes

But she was earning about £275k for her previous work and is now earning £1.2M for that plus the breakfast show - the maths isn’t that hard :wink:

I’m just jealous, really :slight_smile:

1 Like

You shouldn’t be jealous of anyone Paul.

1 Like

Ok thanks.
Interesting on the same BBC list Chris Evans was £2.2 million per year.

Almost half price for Zoe then :wink:

This makes me think.

I agree…She’s hardly running the country and trying to deliver Brexit…!..

It would be bad enough if she was being paid by an independent company…How is it that the BBC which is funded by the licence fee,can get away with this ?
We are having to put up with the return of Jonathan Ross (which also annoys me)…How did he ‘survive’ his period of absence ?..I for one will be boycotting his programme…he should go away and do something else with his time. He’s had more than his fair share of people’s money…

1 Like

I haven’t listened to Radio 2 since Terry Wogan left. If I had to listen to Chris Evans I’d need access to a sick bag.
None of the BBC presenters are worth half their money, apart from John Humphreys. I like him because he knows how to keep pushing awkward questions at politicians. Respect!

I went to a conference hosted by John Humphreys He was brilliant

He did write a good book about buying a home in Greece with his son.

I used to love listening to Terry Wogan… as I bombed down the A12 on my way to work…

The “cones” saga… went on and on… and was very pertinent in those days… :upside_down_face::crazy_face:

1 Like