Zone Bébé Newsletter - Sticky and sweet but ever so healthy

News

Nearly Easter and from where I am sitting, the skies are grey and there is a strong wind blowing…

Just as well that I just unpacked some gorgeous summer clothes by sense organics. Have a look at some wonderful bodies and t-shirts, jackets and overalls.

Not so long ago did I read a blog by Eliane Zimmermann our “resident” aroma therapist about the Manuka bush and its honey.

Here is what she wrote:

The Manuka bush is often as dishevelled and broom-like just like the gorse bush.

Except in May and June, the Manuka bush does not look very attractive. Its scaling bark almost requires pity, and angers Irish garden owners, so it is ripped out again and again. But no matter how cruel a gardener would come up with the idea in spring, to even prune the wonderful flowering cyclamen medicinal plant. It is native to New Zealand and is a popular ornamental plant in Ireland. It grows in the New Zealand region called East Cape in a particularly strong antibiotic quality, and has been valued and used for ages by the Aborigines as a universal remedy. It is not surprising that the New Zealand government has invested heavily in numerous scientific studies on the also called Tea tree plant, both to examine the effectiveness against many different bacterial strains, on the other hand, to demonstrate the extremely good compatibility. The high content of sesquiterpenes and triterpenes makes the oil very skin friendly and also much more durable than the short-lived Australian tea tree oil (Melaleuca alternifolia). The two together are a wonderful combination in the fight against the dreaded hospital MRSA germ, which every year costs thousands of lives and that can hardly even be cured with antibiotics.

Manuka honey often carries the denomination UMF with a number from 10 to 16 (Unique Manuka Factor). Not every Manuka honey does have antibiotic properties, so this label has been introduced so that the customer can choose the relevant quality. The higher the number, the more expensive the product, no UMF logo means quite normal quality table honey. A study (January 2008) by Prof. Dr. Thomas Henle and his team from the TU Dresden could finally show why this honey is so uniquely antibacterial, the higher the concentration of methylglyoxal, the better. The term for a particularly methyloxal rich manuka honey is MGO 400.

©copyright by Eliane Zimmermann | http://blog.aromapraxis.de

Eliane Zimmermann is a German naturopath and book author about the safe use of essential oils in therapy and nursing with more than 20 years of experience.

Now I have sourced a supplier for this wonder honey, because I would like to try it on the eczema of my daughter. So if you are interested, I am ordering some Manuka honey UMF 20+, also said to be brilliant for sore thoats, colds and infections, as well as some Cream with 40% Manuka honey , no nasties and certified Ecocert, also throat pastilles made of 100% Manuka honey 10+.

Let me know. And for next week, I will research some more of the uses for this honey.

Easter Recipe

Here is a recipe for a quick brioche type Easter bread, best prepare it in the evening and bake it just before breakfast… a nice treat.

Ingredients for 12 slices

125g butter

350ml milk

600g flour

1 cube fresh yeast (or 1 sachet dried)

1 pinch of salt

60g sugar

1 egg

100ml cream

Method

Melt the butter, slightly warm the milk. Tip flour, yeast, salt, sugar, lukewarm milk and melted butter into a big bowl. And knead into a smooth dough. Cover the bowl with a plate and leave to prove for about 40 min. The dough should have doubled. Tip onto a floured work surface, divide into three equal parts, and roll each part into a long piece. Tuck together the tops of all three pieces and make a braid, again tuck in the ends. Move the braid onto a greased baking sheet, cover and keep in the fridge over night. Next morning heat your oven to 180°C (fan 165°C). Mix the egg yolk with the cream and brush the braid with this mixture. Bake for about 25min until golden brown.

Next week

A little while ago did Ökotest issue a test on those versatile colourful plastic clogs. Apart from being loved by children and parents, they did not fare well in the test…

Should you ever be on Facebook, please have a look at the Zone Bébé page and click on the “Like” button. Maybe even suggest it to your friends? That would be great, thank you!

And it is confirmed: May 19th-21st , Zone Bébé will be presenting its products on offer at the Libellule Café in Valbonne, 06. Two full days, 09:00-18:00 Thursday, Friday and 10:00 – 12:00 on Saturday.

And Le Tresor de Lysa, next door is also having their open days.

Indoor and outdoor furniture, objects and lighting, interior furnishings all styles, decorative paints, lime tracks, lime brushed, polished concrete decorative various Wallcoverings (coconut, mosaics, …), making curtains and cushions, the Tresor de Lysa brings their expertise to all of your projects of interior and exterior decoration.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Claudia/Zone Bébé

www.zonebebe.fr

Le bio for bébés et mamans