About the Cars / Motoring / Insurance category

If not dripping oil somewhere there are additives to take up some of the wear in the engine.
Will only cost about a tenner from UK

I am now residing in the UK but I have a French motorbike at a French address which I use when I am in France. I am not sure that I can continue to ride it after Brexit. Could someone please tell me if this is true. I have a UK paper driving licence and and International driving Permit.

Currently no one holding a UK licence can exchange it for a French licence due to the failure to have the reciprocal agreement in place before 01/01/2021.

Please sign this petition and share where possible. Thank you.

Hi
This may very well be a daft question, but here goes anyway. We are full time french residents and have a French registered & insured RHD car. We have an opportunity of a 5-month house-sit in the UK which we would like to take, but our current insurer (Axa) advise that the maximum period comprehensive cover is available for outside the EU is 3 months, and the only way to overcome that restriction would be to return to France for a period ( unspecified ) before returning to UK for up to another 3 months.

We have equally been unable to find any UK insurer who will cover a car on french plates !

Has anyone been clever enough to overcome this problem ? If so, please share !

Thanks

Hi,
Has anyone used or is currently using Wilov car insurance? Sounds great, donā€™t they all, for low mileage drivers and they have breakdown insurance included.

Hi! Im new here - just joined this morning - in desperation. Iā€™ve been trying to exchange my UK driving license for a few weeks now. I turn 70 in the middle of June and things are getting urgent. Iā€™m looking for some help. Iā€™ve created my ANTS account (a couple of months ago) but just canā€™t log in! Every single time I enter my details and describe the graphic, the screen refreshes and my session is disconnectedā€¦ I have checked my adblocker and released the website and turned off, cleared cookies etc but still the same. Can anybody offer any suggestions for me to try? It is so frustrating.

Hi Scottish,

Are you able to log in to ANTS using FranceConnect instead? I originally created an account directly on ANTS so have a username and password that I can use, but Iā€™m also able to log in using FranceConnect and specifying my credentials from impots.gouv.fr.

After my credentials are checked it then redirects me back to the ANTS site and logs me in under the exact same account as if Iā€™d logged in with my ANTS username and password.

Failing that, are you using a laptop / PC or a mobile phone? Can you try installing a different browser and trying that? Have you got anybody close by who would let you try using their PC to log in to the site?

Perhaps a bit of a long shot but depending upon where you live and how friendly they are, maybe you could also try asking at your mairie if they can help you log in?

Good luck!

Hello Gareth,

Itā€™s certainly not my day for technology. For some reason I canā€™t get logged into the Survive France site to reply to you. Anywayā€¦

Thank you for your help. I have been trying most of the day to access my account in the Ants site ā€“ including trying to set up another account, without any success I might add. However, after giving up and at my wits end I wondered what would happen if I tried to access the account on my phone ā€“ and low and behold ā€“ success!

I went through some of the application just to be sure that it wasnā€™t a fluke and it all seemed relatively straightforward which leads me to believe that your suggestion about a different browser on my laptop is what I should pursue. I couldnā€™t continue to do it all on the phone because I need to scan some documents etc so I need to pursue this new browser thing. That might too cause some fun and games or frustration but itā€™s something to get on with.

So thank you for taking the time to reply to my query.

Maureen

1 Like

Ah, thatā€™s good news. Sounds like youā€™re moving in the right direction. Hope you get it sorted soon :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi I have a Nissan Murano 3.4 lpg in Dordogne 2008 black that id like to transfer to French reg. Any agents?

Question : What changes are there, with regards to someone from the uk or non-european country driving in France.

• Can you still drive a moped 50cc
  • or drive a voiture (sans permit)
    please excuse my ignorance on this subject. Have not lived in France for more than a decade ago now, still catching up on all the new information post brexit. Readying myself for my yet again ā€œbig moveā€ back to France in 2024. Just trying to find out as much info as possible beforehand.
    Although having read others comments, not sure if there post brexit or not, so just want to clarify for my own sanity sakeā€¦after seeing the poster on here for signatures for changes to the reciprocal agreement etcā€¦
    Thanks in advance of any replies. much appreciatedā€¦

According to service-public.fr , you can drive on a non EU licence for a short stay in france. If you stay longer you must exchange it for a french licence unless you have a UK licence issued before 2021.
As for mopeds and VSPs you dont need a licence if you were born before 1988. After which you need an Permis AM.

I have an FFVE for my car, vehicule de collection, and I have the CT next week. My carte grise now carries the EU registration plate number that replaces my old dept code number plate.

Apparently once I have the CT I can apply for the 5 year version of the CT

I cannot seem to find out how though!

Does anyone know?