Did you follow my recommendation?

Used Transferwise twice since SFN flagged the process. Excellent service and very favourable rates. A particularly welcome feature is the near-instant status updates on progress with the transfer - this compared to the stony silent superiority of banks and some other currency exchange services. Rates better than the online currency exchange company I have used till now. So far - great - thanks.

Used Transferwise twice since SFN flagged the process. Excellent service and very favourable rates. A particularly welcome feature is the near-instant status updates on progress with the transfer - this compared to the stony silent superiority of banks and some other currency exchange services. Rates better than the online currency exchange company I have used till now. So far - great - thanks.

A simple response to your question - NO.

Yes, James - thanks to you!! I use them monthly, not transferring a huge amount each time, but enough to make the bank charges extortionate when compared with Transferwise! Have had NO problems - the transfers are almost always on-time or early, depite the French banks not working Mondays or weekends. So, highly recommended and a big vote of thanks to you!!!

We use them whenever we want to transfer funds, the rate is so much better than anything else.

I've certainly swapped to transferwise since you advertised it and full marks to you and them. The rate is much better and although they charge a small amount, the total I receive is still far more than I was getting with Currency Direct

Further to my post that was on £1500.

I was quoted 1.1767 by my bank this morning for a transfer of sterling equivalent in euros. I have just had my transfer completed by Transferwise and got 1.2393 and the charge was less than the bank

Use them perhaps every one or two months and they are great. Would recommend to anyone as the service is quick, clear and with excellent rates. 10/10

Yes used them twice and they were helpful when I had a problem that got sorted on the phone.

I looked into it spoke to them and decided to stay where i was, my age related pension is payed direct to my French bank and get an extremely good rate i have a standing order set up with the company i have used for a long time for my private company pension as that is payed into my NatWest bank in the UK. Transferwise dont do standing orders i decided for how much the difference would be and having to contact them every time i wanted to send money over the difference of 8€ wasn't worth the trouble

Use it nearly every month and always get the best rates from them.

Hello,

I have used Transferwise and have found them very quick and good rates of exchange.Since Recommended by James, I have used them on several ocassions and have been very happy with the service.

I would like to use Transferwise very much, as it sounds good -- but haven't had a chance to find out more about it. Not many people seem to have used it in the replies that follow here -- or may be there is a link between Wales, pubs, rugby and Transferwise. I am sure I'll get round to untangling it all!!

Ah! Excellent! The Welsh pub is in fact not too far from you or I! You can find my contact details easily by Googling! Gourin is famous for having a Club Echeangiste BTW!!!! I'm in Scrignac- about 40 minutes from you which here is not that much.

A Welsh pub in Britanny indeed ! I've just signed off the Compromis de Vente and am really looking forward to moving to Britanny.Nearest large town to me will be Gourin - not a million miles from you I believe.

Arwel I am pushing 69! Welsh on my mother's side and less than 1/2 English I too support Wales. I have never however lived in Wales (visited many times mainly in Mid and the North) but I always lived and worked in London for years- now in the Monts d'Arree. There is BTW a Welsh pub at Plouye nearby!!!! The paysage round here is indeed v Welsh in feeling. Let me know if you are up this way!

Many thanks David for the information.I shall certainly check out the newspaper for fixtures.Being of a certain age I confine myself to being a spectator and gave up hurling my body into physical contact a long time ago.A strenuous game of darts is about my limit in competitive sports.Thanks agin for the info.

Arwel- there is a little more rugby being played in Brittany generally now and some leagues. You can find a list of games in the newspaper Telegramme. Soccer is certainly still dominant but gates are really quite low compared to the English and Welsh situation. Incidentally there is a little cricket too- expats only!