Expecting a lovely autumn

My mother always called me Victor when she was really mad at me! It was usually followed by "You bl**dy Sodin' B*gger" Still , 'Sticks & Stones' & all that. A bit a name calling never did anyone any harm ;-)

We've had a fantastic Summer here in Surrey ;) for once we actually went to the right place for the good weather. Today isn't great but I can count on one hand how many days rain we've had since I've been here. Only got soaked twice. Now that's good weather!

Patches of blue sky have miracously appeared, it already feels warmer...

Woodburner is put on hold !

I have many virtues Victor, patience being one of them.....

Not close to getting a fire going, but sitting here at my desk I do have a thin sweater on (went outside just now and sun hot - for 10 mins!). The good news is I can sleep at night! This time last year was seriously uncomfortable.

This is the worse summer I have had in France and this us my 12th. It was nice in June and early July but the latter end of July and August so far have been wet, with occasional sun… Not quite reaching for the socks and jumpers but have succumbed to short sleeved cardigans!
I am hoping for a lovely September as we have friends and family coming to stay…

I'm going to be a damp squib :-). I'm in Ile de France. The weather here started getting hot in mid May and there were a few weeks in June and July, which were uncomfortably hot with burning sun making it uncomfortable to work in offices with no airconditioning, range 25-33+. July was hot with wet and humid days. The wet days were cooler than

the sunny days but the humidity made it less comfortable. At least most nights were cooler. My landlord said to me that August has been unusually cool and wet. Perhaps we will have an Indian summer in September.

You mean you haven't tried it ! How can anyone be so patient?

James, You could be describing conditions here in 31, we’re 50 min. SW of Toulouse. I commented yesterday it felt more like a spring day. We’ve had rain all summer–supposed to have two-three good days then back to rain.

blinkin' cold on the Haute Vienne - Charente border ! Sunny spells with showers..

Seriously thinking of inaugurating the woodburner...

Since April i can count on one hand the number of weeks we have had summer weather, its been rain then rain and we have had rain. Given up with the veg patch its just over run, the goats have rarely been out, chickens have web feet as for the dogs they just don't care , when 4 soaking wet hairy Old English Sheepdogs run in and shake its like being in the shower. The wettest summer in my memory, the last 10 years i think the weather has got considerably worse the 80s 90s 2000 i remember scorching summers albeit i wasn't here the whole year then, couple of years ago we had a fire on the 29 June

Sun is bright and shining but only 14 degs outside!!! We have also had a lot of rain. As we have fields and llamas, we welcome the rain because if has helped the grass grow well this year :-)

Rgds, Mike L

Wet