Food allergies - do you have one?

Yes sue but through thousands of years of consumption our gut microbiomes have become adapted whereas for example the japanese who dont take dairy cannot digest dairy.

I would say so

That’s what I’m saying. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Completely agree

There are also degrees of allergy - yours was an extreme. My friend’s daughter has a peanut allergy (also extreme and life-threatening) and carries an epipen all the time.
But there are also food intolerances which can also impact on quality of life and may go undetected / undiagnosed because until recently the medical profession has largely ignored them - focusing on the more extreme reactions. In fact there are probably many, many people with intolerances who suffer from bloating, or constipation, or rheumatic aches and pains, or migraines and headaches or are overweight and wonder why.

Through early adulthood I assumed everybody had stomach aches and bloating after eating spaghetti. It took me a long time to realise that I was wheat intolerant.

The process you went through @Bonzocat - as no doubt you discovered - is called dowsing. It can be done the way you experienced or through using a pendulum or through an easy technique of forming a figure of eight with thumb and forefinger of both hands and then trying to pull the two hands apart - test strong and the fingers lock, test weak and they pull apart.
Test strong and the food is fine to eat, test weak and the body would rather not. It’s a useful tool when in doubt. No more than that.

1 Like