French Supermarkets! Give me strength

Hmm. You may well be right!

Catharine. The only problem now is that it doesn't seem possible to insert an edited post in the same place as the original making subsequent or previous comments out of sync.

People always think "they must talk about me" When I was living in Scotland I was working in a Call center, with French , Germans , Italians people and Brits and of course, between us we used to speak French , like the Germans used to speak English...it was normal , some of my British collegues did not like it..do not know why people react like that..my 2 best friends here are from Danemark and Romania, they speak their own languages to theirs kids normals..I started to learn some words ;) I used to live in Scotland, met Hubby up there , so our family language is English with my daughter (she is in franglais , she is 3 in june )..saint etienne is a bit racist too, you are in France , my daughter MUST speak only French..no nononon ..oh well I can write book about it

Simon, yes totally agree should be adapt not adopt. I am told local to me that there are a few brits that have been there for a while who make absolutely no attempt to speak or even want to speak French, that is the sort of thing that infuriates me, I think that's ignorant. Just hope the French don't tar with me the same brush. My neighbors are great, their English isnt good at all, but it makes life more difficult in a good way, I really want to speak to them in there language, I'm in their Country and I think that is common courtesy.

I probably got the wrong end of the stick with speaking to your wife in English, I would do exactly the same, quite obvious.

Anyway will draw this one to a close should we, I and will start watching more of Sky 799.

Well Simon. As instructed I've moderated my post. Any chance of a reply so we can put this to bed?

Bet you can't guess what language my wife and I speak when we are in France... English! Duh! Why would we put ourselves through the pain when its not what we are very good at, although it may assist us in getting along with the lingo better.

You have missed my point, for which I apologise for not making myself clearer.

;-)

whoops...slip of the colour. When I was working they were in indeed yellow...but good that you picked that up John, wouldnt want to confuse anyone.

Good UK programme on last night about parking...they featured a guy who has responsibility for yellow badges..

When I worked for RNIB

That figures, the badges are blue!

Sorry, making other people uncomfortable doesn't make me slime, Simon... besides, the people in my village are too busy doing stop and chats to worry about whether or not I speak English in my living room. I rarely see folded arms, just ears, as I seem to spend my time in the village doing the bisous.

Integrating is also great fun. You should try it.

It's called a 'category 4' penalty which is 135€ with a maximum of 750€ tho I seem to recall the ultimate punishment for repeat offenders was something like 3000€ with a prison sentence !

'Hang 'em high' is what I say !

Here too. There's a 135 euro fine and quite right too.

Oohh, sounds painful....

"Like"

Well lets hope they had a truly hideous shopping experience...a bit of karma wouldnt have gone amiss! now its my lunchtime...speak to you all later!

They feigned ignorance when in fact they are. Folk with a couldn't care less attitude are infuriating. Almost a shame someone entitled didn't park behind them and block them in.

I think I would have reported them to the security chap at the supermarket. At one time I would have probably stuck a potato up their exhaust pipe!

I think the arrogance of the two english chaps is what upset me most Chris - they really didn't give a monkeys..

Good UK programme on last night about parking...they featured a guy who has responsibility for yellow badges...he goes around checking badges...and waits for the owners to come back. In the UK it is a criminal offence to park in a disabled bay using a disabled badge, plus a ginormous fine.

I will always tell people to move their cars if I see them park in a disabled spot and am very happy (I can be downright bloody minded) to go into the supermarket or find a parking warden and report them if they wont move the car.

When I worked for RNIB I used to peruse the hospital car parks, specifically the cars parked on the pavements, which at the hospital was strictly prohibited, and there were signs everywhere. If you are blind you fall over cars on pavements. We were given stickers to put on the windscreen, they didnt damage the car, but were mighty sticky and only came off with warm water and washing up liquid and 10 minutes hard labour!

I've just noticed your post Simon. What The Flippin' heck are you on about? You make statements which I assume are directed at me but why? Was it me who ruffled your feathers? I thought it was me who picked up your toys & commended this place to you!

Sorry Folks. I've tried to put this edited post in it's correct place but the system won't let me. I'm bored now:-)