Medical Insurance/Cover

lets say company A (a French one) quotes me 5,000 eur for the year, company B (a UK company) quotes me 5,500 eur for the year. The French company is saving me money.

Exactly !!! Personally, I was actually having a problem just finding one insurer before this, that was my whole motivation behind the question. Now I feel like the bad person. aaaargh.

At the moment, we are still paying our insurance in Lux and Switzerland. However, Lux will no longer cover us, hence looking for an alternative. Please believe me when I say I did not leave Luxembourg so that I no longer have to pay Insurance in Luxembourg. Even by my own personal standards, I find that rather extreme.

No one has mentioned ripping off the system here. It was an honest question as to how to obtain medical cover for a family, as in ideas on companies to use etc.

I find that is how most European insurance policies work (including car - yes, I am a liability in one!!)

I really couldn't comment on the UK system as we left it behind years ago !! I can say though that all European state care that I have experience of, has been brilliant, however, it all had to be paid for... Is true what they say "you pay for what you get".

Hi Chris,

I am no cheater... Quite the opposite which is why we are trying to get insurance. I was merely asking which companies do provide this cover !!!

Lucy

Yes, and I think Catharine has got us back on track. Let us all help Lucy, no more than that!

PS: anglophones and english speakers are exactly the same thing, so how and why did it come about anyway?

Hey, I thought we were trying to help someone get paid for health insurance. Not a slagging match between anglophones and english speakers.

chris, who wants "something for nothing". I mentioned I pay insurance, you failed to pick up on that.

Many people are suggesting the names of insurance companies who might be useful, it is anyone's right to shop around, as a consumer to get the most suitable pachage possible. That means, people ARe paying for insurance, you failed to pick up on that.

Insurance companies are not the french people, you failed to pick up on that.

In short, you fail.

If the topic at hand was "how to live on social welfare in France for as long as possible", perhaps you may have a point, but since all I can see here is hard working people looking to help someone shop around for a package to suit their needs, I think perspective is really not what you have thrown into this discussion.

Exactly right, I was stuck in that for years. Based in a UK university, working in South America and paid by a German foundation and at the end of it both the UK and Germany saying that although I had paid taxes, I was not living in either country, so neither ever repaid a penny. Been a bit cagey ever since.

I think my wife and I pay something like 23% with two children, with all other bits and pieces it is naturally more. But the benefits are honestly really worth it. Pay in here Lucy and do not bother fighting it out with the UK or CH. Certainly, in and from the latter the fight is not worth it as my Swiss OH would say unreservedly.

I'm suspending you Chris as your last post is a blatant misrepresentation of what Ron said. And totally hypocritical as you thanked him for his concern.

Same with the UK system too Brian, we paid UK tax for years but once overseas and overpaid one year no refund as it wasn't paid to the UK.

Lucy the French tax system is quite favorable especially to families, and with 3 children i doubt you would pay anywhere near 30%. Isn't 3 the magic number in France?

Well a lot of this link appears to be wanting something for free from the French. It is easy to attack my detached perspective. So far my short time on this site I was immediately told to go get psychiatric treatment when speaking candidly about the poor job situation and now I am told I am on a tear by Mr Milne. Sigh. Basically this link has made me convinced I don't want to be on a site that is dedicated to wanking the frogs.

by and the word anglophone does not exist in the usa thank you

Yes, forgot that. Until you pay in yourself, nothing back. Thanks Pam, dead right.

Hi Lucy as far as i'm aware they would look at what you've paid and what (under their system) you should of paid and you pay the difference. That's what they did with us except we had actually paid more than they would of taxed us, but no refund coz you've not actually paid them the money to refund.

Hope that helps

Pam

Thanks Catharine!

Where the hell did that stupid question come from, nobody ever asked that, some of them are trying to save themselves a bit of money they cannot afford to part with. If you are one of those people with more money than sense then please take your insults to them somewhere else. Fed up with you and your putting people down. No more from me!

Who said they were?

In the USA you say many things in ignorance, as does the rest of the world, now stop trying to insult everybody who is not Yanqui or whatever you call yourself. American, by the way, as you use it is made exclusive by your lot. However, America extends from the top of Canada to the bottom of Tierra del Fuego in three regional divisions. Choose one of them and identify with that, then get back on topic and stop being insulting, desultory and ignorant, please!