Swimming pool chat

An expert will probably recommend new pipework because there’s probably a problem with the pipes, whether cracked or otherwise damaged by eg shifting land. That is the most likely explanation in view of your description. You may just have to bite the bullet.

Only on the end of a computer so please understand, trying to give some ideas. If the pool companies near you can carry out a pressure test on the pipe runs then you may quickly get an answer. To save excavation you could try leak fix. A gloopy compound you would poor down the suspect pipe and it will ooze out of the leak and seal it. Just make sure the filter is on circulate and not filter or you’ll write off the filter as the sand will turn to concrete! Obviously you’ll plug the return fittings first.
Hopefully given some ideas.

Thanks for the advice, I will certainly get a local company to carry out a pressure test and provide their guidance before progressing. I have already tried Lo-Chlor leak sealant but that didn’t work, maybe because the leak is on the pressure side of the pump and possibly it’s too big. It also seems daft to add sealer that gets distributed through 40K+ litres of pool water rather than just isolating and treating the pipe(s) with the problem. I’ll let you know how things progress but I’m happy to receive any additional suggestions in the meantime. Thanks. David

1 Like

I have not tried the LoChlor version, I only use Fix a leak.
Marlig Industries Fix A Leak for Hot Tub Spa and Swimming Pools Leak Sealer - 8oz https://amzn.eu/d/0pJgPqc

Had good success with that over the years when excavation wasnt an option.