Tattooing - love it or hate it - and Thoughts about a Blog

Some tips on here … :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

as a pilot, there’s nothing like having Concorde up your arse on finals :small_airplane:

1 Like

Great - thanks @anon89172871 x

Good for you Simon.

I’m contemplating a tiny discreet one as a celebration of my life with my hubby. I’m a proper coward though so you will have to tell us just how painful it is.

We definitely need photos!! :grin::airplane:

5 Likes

Well you say that…not that pleasant being next in line for take-off !! :wink:

1 Like

I’ve already paid for the bulk of it in case I chickened out!! :chicken::chicken::chicken:

1 Like

I think you are having it done so that Linda can give you lots of back massages with cream :wink:

I posted the French link so that you would have the names of creams to buy … good luck and be brave, waiting with bated breath for the photos :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Wow Simon - well done for being so brave.

How many sessions will it take to get the full effect. I know that some complicated ones have to be done over a period so that stuff heals before more stuff is done. I’ve seen the time-delay videos - fascinating.

Anyway, you will be fine - so long as you have made a good choice of Tattooist. ( It’s not the bearded lady at the fairground who does it as a sideline is it, armed with a nappy pin ??? :crazy_face:)

1 Like

Mmm… take note of what your Tattooist says about creams and aftercare…:thinking:

1 Like

That sounds like a good idea Mandy, something really personal and as you say a celebration of the time you had with Stu … :hugs::hugs: xxx

2 Likes

Lovely idea Mandy.

1 Like

Just ordered this one:

One session Stella - it’s a kind of schematic design viewed from above so not too complicated.

I wanted a small, say 7 cm, version but was politely informed that wasn’t a good idea because, wait for it, as I age my skin will become slacker and the tattoo will shrink and merge into itself. Bloody cheek :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Nor standing by the side of the runway when it’s taking off… as I learnt to my cost at EXT once. Saw it approaching before V1 and realised just in time that it was going to be noisy (so covered my ears) just as it passed me :bangbang:

1 Like

I know what you mean Graham - I was LHR based and lived on the landing flight paths for 27L&R - gear down, throttle up just above the house - or so it seemed. Strangely take-offs didn’t seem so bad - amazing to see her when she swooped over Windsor Great Park - dreamy.

Now she’ll be swooping up my back !

Go for it Mandy, I had a ‘discreet’ tattoo on my lower back (I know, ‘tramp stamp’) to mark a ‘milestone’ birthday a few years ago. I had it done in Selfridges in London, all very respectable and all that, but I still took my best friend with me who was a Health and Safety officer to oversee things… I can honestly say it wasn’t as painful as I imagined it would be. Owing to the ‘location’ of the tattoo I had to straddle a chair (think Christine Keeler) whilst the outline was marked on my skin. I found this worse than the actual ‘colouring in’. Afterwards my bestie and I went out for a bottle of fizz to mark the occasion, me with the obligatory cling film over the new inking on my bod.

3 Likes

Probably done on purpose by Brian Trubshaw as he knew where you lived :joy:

1 Like

I’ve got a few, it doesn’t (certainly won’t on your lower back), they will put some cream on and wrap in cling film after, but take if off whenever you want t. Just put unperfumed moisturizing cream on for a week or so.
This was my latest, done last October at the annual tattoo convention in Aubusson (c

2 Likes

This is a work in progress

2 Likes

Good for you Dawn. I will do it one day. Just can’t decide what design to have.

2 Likes