What to do with excess tomatoes!

That's hilarious Brian! I can't believe people responded! :D

We always get loads!

We slice them & dry them in a machine we bought.

We cut them in half & put them in kilner type jars which are sealed by heating them submerged in water at about 80 deg C ( I think) They last for years & are just like the tinned ones one buys.

It's all on the net.

Vic

We simply froze ours whole, then used them in sauces throughout the water instead of tinned.

Roughly 2000/2001 my allotment in England had a super productive year. Tomatoes were really surplus. My neighbour too. She and I shared a whacky sense of humour and put up an announcement on several local noticeboards. What we were offering was a tomato therapy whereby we picked several kilos of appropriately soft, ripe tomatoes, the client stepped into the bath tub then we used a food processor to begin to pulp the tomatoes which we would then pour in to the bath gradually. Once covered to the neck, the client could then relax in the soothing tomato pulp for about 40 minutes.

We gave her phone number. We actually had eight people take it up and call.

We did not succumb to temptation, she told them it was only a spoof, but both of us thought it would have been worth trying the full Monty at least once. Both of our spouses made disapproving faces and said absolutely nothing.