Where should we buy?

The plan was always to keep my home in the UK (at luntil I knew for certain that I’d want to be in France full-time). I don’t particularly like the idea of a holiday home, though, which has lots of connotations – not least of being on holiday! I need a new term. Flexihome, maybe…if it didn’t make me cringe.

Anyway thanks for all the useful suggestions. I’ll definitely be exploring some of them.

In reply to Vincent’s question about what I write. I was originally a newspaper journalist, but now write mostly for companies and charities, both printed publications and website content. I also founded and now edit campfiremag.co.uk, a camping and outdoor food magazine. Plus, as with most of us jobbing writers, there are some novels lurking in folders due to see the light when paying clients haven’t eaten up all my stamina!

1 Like

Bordeaux has everything - beautiful scenery, some of the best wines in the world!, climate, food, markets, beautiful beaches, restaurants, medieval towns and the city of Bordeaux itself. We have lived just north of Bordeaux for 25 years - so could be a little biased!. We have 3 Unesco world heritage sites within 30 minutes. The city of Bordeaux is almost on a par with Paris without the inconveniences. Gordon Ramsay has recently opened two restaurants here. Have a look at this page to see what there is to see and do here: http://www.bordeaux-holiday-rentals.com/bordeaux.html