5 months plus 5 years

Looks glorious… so many happy times to come…

cheers

1 Like

Looks lovely Carl, congratulations to you and Flo. Can already imagine a lovely glassed in veranda at the rear of the house leaving the garden and house in harmony, especially during Winter months. :wink:
Lots of exciting times and plans for you both to mull over.
Pleased that you managed to open the champagne rather than cider, but both are good in the right circumstances. Cheers and may all your dreams come to fruition. :clinking_glasses::clinking_glasses::tada::fireworks::boom::boom:

1 Like

Thought I would update here as it relates to our house and our ‘adventures’…

We were all ready and planned to spend a couple of weeks at the house in Carmaux at the beginning of May but, as we all know, that idea has gone by the board. Fair enough, it is only our holiday home at the moment, but what is more worrying is keeping tabs on the in-laws!

Flo usually calls them every day and, so far, all is well. But we both know that her mum NEEDS time away from Henri, Flo’s dad, because he can be a heavy drain mentally. With the current restrictions in place in France and the fact that they now live in a very small flat as part of a retirement home, her mum is feeling the pressure. Normally, she would take herself off to pay a visit to our house to check it over - but that is impossible at the moment.

We are thankful that they are both still healthy and that there are no ‘scares’ at the retirement home, but we are concerned for mum’s well-being.

On a lighter note - I am dreading seeing the house again when we do finally get there. I can imagine that the garden will be a right jungle!!! The other day we found out that our next-door neighbour still has a key so Flo is going to call her and ask if she would be kind enough to pop some photos over to us showing the state of the place - so that it doesn’t come as a shock!!!

Really miss the place…

3 Likes

Hi Carl,

Really sorry that you most probably can t make it over in May. Hope you are safe and well in the UK!

Sorry also to hear about the worry this is understandably causing you in relation to your mother in law. I hope that she can at least take a gentle stroll each day? Does the retirement home provide them with the attestation paperwork to pop out? Could you send her some copies if not?

Ps I remember you mentioning the old fuel tank last year but I had never seen pictures. It really was beast!

Hope you have a nice Sunday.

Best wishes

Marijke

2 Likes

“Start spreading the news… We’re leaving today…”

Well, next Friday actually :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tunnel is booked… Covid certificates in order… TouAntiCovid Sanitair pass loaded on the phones…

Cant wait!!!

Not looking forward to seeing what the garden looks like though… :scream: :scream: :scream:

First time since Christmas - Oh Joy!!!

6 Likes