80 % of French cars are not fitted with indicators

...Your stories humble mine Valerie...maybe the French aren't THAT bad... à voir if there are any other reactions...bonne nuit à tous et à tout (whatever that means).............

I think over there it's just arrogance actually Jon. I had many a close call but a couple spring to mind - one jerk nearly mounted the pavement and hit us because he swung from the main road into our side street, steering with one hand, no indicators, yapping on the phone. We were literally covered from head to foot (result: one screaming toddler) with filthy water and mud. He gave me the finger & screamed abuse for me being in the way. Another guy, priceless, actually stopped his car halfway round a roundabout to finish arguing with someone on his mobile. I knew what was coming so gave the gentlest of beeps and again got a mouthful of abuse with my terrified kid in the car. Lovely. So you see? Very refreshing for me by comparison.

...it's a fair comment Valerie...and I accept it...put it down to Mediterranean blood maybe...can't say I know Maltese driving skills..the craziest drivers I 've ever seen were in Teheran in the late 70's(just after the revolution) ...no rules at all...every man for himself...pur anarchy routière..

I must admit, arriving from my little island in the Med, I have found it refreshing how many drivers actually DO use their indicators. Of course there are always some plonkers who disregard other drivers but that's life. Yes, it is frustrating particularly on a roundabout when you're waiting for an approaching car to go past but then he suddenly disappears off up the exit on the left but luckily I've only met a few. Even my 7 year old, probably soo used to Mummy yelling at Maltese drivers who apparently believe it their birthright simply to slam on the brakes and swerve violently into a side street without letting anyone know their intention (including pedestrians who are part way across and literally have to leap out of the way) - yes, my 7 year old sits in the back saying 'Look, he's indicating. They're really good drivers here aren't they.'