90 days out of 180 allowed in France

It’s most probably a rumour but I have travelled 1,000s of kilometres and just recently met a couple of English people who regularly use motorways in France who have had the same experience when they had never been booked before.
I said it is most probably a rumour and was just a comment. I’m not expecting an OBE for services to driving tips in Europe.
Can we move on please?

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

The only fine I have ever received (:crossed_fingers:t3:) was when OH was driving our french reg car which is in my name… I. was feeling nice that day so I paid the fine and took the point on my licence.

Should I ever need a quick bit of cash we have a neighbour who often reaches the points limit, so I can sell him some space on my now points-free licence…

That made me chuckle!

1 Like

That seems unnecessarily keen even given the 0 to +10% accuracy that is typically required of speedometers - a fresh set of tyres and a speedo which is accurate could easily mean that when you think you are doing 50kph you are actually doing 51

The UK allows 2mph for speedometer error.

Enforcement used to apply from Speed Limit + 10% + 2mph in UK, so for a 30mph road enforcement used to be from a true measured speed of 35mph upwards.

I don’t know if this is still the case in UK.

Conversation ending on a happy note. Best wishes. A bored Martin in Provence who’s missing his friends and family but feels very safe - and lucky.

No flies on you. Would you like to be Prime Minister of the U.K. as I feel you would run rings round Boris Johnson!

What many Brits probably don’t realise is that the tolerance for speeding over the limit is much lower than in the UK. In the UK you won’t be fined unless you are more than 10% + 2mph over the limit eg 79mph in a 70 limit. In France it’s 5% ie 73kph in a 70 limit.

Is that «house martin» or your real name :thinking:
@cat

I like that!
My full name is Christopher Martin Walker.
As I’m missing my friends/family in the U.K. perhaps more fitting to call me Pine Martin? I think it’s actually Pine Marten but during a pandemic do I care?
Thanks for your message
Martin

2 Likes

Aaaaaaaah! :roll_eyes::hugs::kissing_heart:

1 Like

91km/h in a 90 km/h retained speed (vitesse retenue = after the 100% allowance for error :wink: )

100% would be generous :slight_smile:

So you were actually going faster :upside_down_face:

ha ha ha, typo!!! 10% !!! Yes, I was driving a little bit faster but cut it too fine…!

2 Likes