A distressing moment after swimming yesterday

My hearing aids come from Audio Conseil and I got the battery operated more basic ones for free. The rechargeable ones were going to cost me about 2000€, even with the CPAM paying a bit and my Mutuelle paying a little bit. But recently I lost one and had the nasty shock to be told that a replacement would cost over 900€. I asked about insurance and was told I could only insure them during the first 60 days of getting them, and this was about 6 months later! I was cross that I hadn’t thought of that at the time and no-one suggested it! But mercifully the aid was found by someone at the restaurant where I thought I had lost it. So now I’m VERY careful to look after them!

2 Likes

Might they be covered with your home insurance contents?

They might, but I think you have to declare them specifically as a high value item. IIRC that was the case with my mother’s hearing aids.

1 Like

At least they may let you add the item mid way through the year.

Mine are the rechargeable ones, I paid the extra to avoid fiddling, can hardly handle the things as it is without adding tiny batteries to the mix. Pretty sure I have full insurance on them too, but I have a follow up visit soon so will check.

1 Like