A full on Day!

Lol yes we had a lot of fun doing pretty much just that! We uncovered a few things for sure but most of it it too far gone sadly. But, a few gems worth keeping. We don’t have any rats thank god, so far anyway but their is a dead cat Skelton in theroof of the barn, which is full of rotting hay, that’s our objective for out next trip. Strip the barn out to protect the wood work. We moved all our loft junk downstairs in the house and will tackle its disposal next time. We didn’t just want to dump it all outside and annoy anyone.

2 Likes

In our loft we discovered an interesting old chair/sofa thing… and just as I was thinking “antiques roadshow”… it fell to pieces… :heart_eyes:

but we are still using the wooden Christmas crêche that we found under a pile of rubbish… OH cleaned/fumigated the little “building” and I bought characters to place therein… it comes into pride of place every year… :hugs:

2 Likes

Makes it a lot easier to see what work needs doing , especially if the wood needs any treatment.

I can imagine you both sketching out plans, what rooms will be for what etc;.

We took loads of measurements and made ‘to scale’ drawings, I was so excited that I even ‘drew and cut out’ our furniture so that we could shift it around in the rooms…

After cutting down the jungle outside we decided where our veggie plot would be and then dug that over and planted potatoes to clean the land…

You have such exciting times ahead, and lots of hard work too, but it will all come together. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We have a big weighing scale for sacks and old log fire, a gas stove a mincer and some old tools that’s about all that was worth saving. However it’s the barns that hold all the real gems like these

3 Likes

Guard them well until you have time to wake them up… gently

2 Likes

Congratulations and I hope you have many happy years in your new home, and not all of them as busy as yesterday!

1 Like