A return to gunboat diplomacy..?

They kept this pretty quiet too…

1 Like

Quite apart from prices at the chippies, I seem to have detected a distinct decrease in taste of the cod on offer in our weekly chippie van here. I have never been a big fan of fish and chips and only force myself here to give me one day off a week from the kitchen stove. I hate cooking. We have already cut ourselves down from one fish each to one between us, and none for the dog, and I feel it won’t be long before I have to put my apron back on on Monday nights.

Whatever about depriving yourselves Mark, the poor old dog? Does he/she at least get chips and, maybe, a saveloy?

1 Like

Mark? You talking to me? :wink:
The dog does very well, either sardines or chicken every day and, while we have been having a fish each up to now, my wife always only eats half and the rest, with her leftover chips, goes to the dog. Not sure greasy batter is good for him anyway so it just means he now gets more of the other 2 healthy foods on offer. :slightly_smiling_face:

At the same time, while I did eat all of mine I did feel stuffed afterwards (we have always shared one portion of chips) hence the decision to cut down. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry, it’s my old fading memory :pleading_face: I think you’re right on fish and chip portions, though maybe one fish and two chips is about right.

This was ‘resolved’ in the Trade Agreement but, as with many things, was put ‘on hold’ at the UK’s request. The ‘on hold’ ended April 30th. Jersey fishing boats joined in the blockade fgs. UK government blowing more smoke up the fundamental (to look good for the elections). Sovrinty innit?

1 Like