Advice needed - bad neighbour!

That is what we did and they did not visit his home or do anything else as we demanded but all the info was kept on their files as we were told it was a very serious thing to have personal data on other people without their permission and would also have involved the third party from whom he got said info from in the first place and who we also know.

The British can be very strange too! Government leaders, whose parents/grand-parents immigrated from other countries, now targetting immigrants escaping wars, famines etc., on a scale never seen. Very strange indeed!

5 Likes

Also, I can guarantee there are plenty of French women living in rural France who don’t want to have to put up with this kind of behaviour!

1 Like

Hoist the gang plank, we’re aboard!

1 Like

So sorry to hear this sorry tale and I really feel for you. When we came to live here in rural 17 8 years ago my wife feared she would be lonely and we wouldn’t know anybody but our neighbours are sent from heaven and have enriched our lives more than I can say. Marcel (aka Coco) sadly passed away a few months ago from cancer and the hole his passing leaves is enormous - every day he could be seen toiling from dawn to dusk in his potager and we didn’t bother growing vegetables as he happily gave us kilo after kilo of the tastiest produce - “Le Roy des Tomates” as my wife named him.

After the funeral his family sent a short note in his name to those who loved him - I am welling up now even thinking of it - and I thought I would share it as I find it so moving, A long-since retired gendarme, the photo is of his early years in the CRS, where he looks for all the world like the star of an American road movie.

We mostly keep ourselves to ourselves, but nearly everyone in the area knows us, or of us, and all give a cheery wave whenever we are out walking and they drive past - life as it should be and I treasure every moment!

7 Likes

We lost a good friend too, he was 92 and had to live in an assisted living home.
He asked us to lunch two weeks before he died.

3 Likes