Age of starting Primary school

Excellent… if it’s anything like at our school… you’ll meet your child’s teacher and get to look around the school as well…

Good luck.

Thanks. Can you tell me if there’s anything I need to get for her to take on her first day? Such as a water bottle, any stationary, a snack etc??

I suspect all schools differ… and you’ll be given every assistance, if she does need anything.

Schools will be putting the special precautions into place re covid… and I’m sure they’ll clearly outline what they want your child to have with her…

In the past, the kids would have their snackboxes and all sorts of stuff… toys etc… but who knows nowadays…

However, everyone will be going out of their way to make you and your child welcome… :hugs:… to make all the parents and children welcome… :hugs: :hugs:

did the Mairie advise you on documents to take with you for the Registration… ??

They didn’t say what documents to bring. I expect that might come in the email we are waiting for.
I was going to bring the flowing though:

Emergency and doctor contact details
Her birth certificate;
proof of residence;
proof of vaccinations

Would you recommend anything else?

As I recall… (and I’m only a volunteer… ) at our school… a child also needs to have insurance of some sort… I remember meeting a Mum dashing in with that sort of document …

Might well be included in your General House Insurance… you can take a look at the link and check your own Policy…

and, as you say… the email will probably outline what you need…

@vero you’ll know more about this than I do…

They should give you a liste de fournitures. Yes a child who will be 3 in November will start aged 2. As long as they are housetrained it isn’t a problem, and we would expect a neurotypical child to be reliably dry and clean by 2 and a half, easily.