Aged parent (3)

The amount of negativity I hear from people who claim that they cannot live here due to an illness/ can’t have Mum/Dad because no care is possible just makes me think that they must have either a different experience from me or that they have a different agenda.
Maybe its selfishness or the lack of a good wife… or just plain laziness.
I know that if the tables had been turned Mum would have tried her best for me as she always has done, how some children can abandon their parents at the end of their lives defeats me. I guess its part of the generation who put the acquisition of a new Kitchen above their humanity.
And thats the end of my rant.:slight_smile:

Dear Roger

I have been following this subject :slight_smile: and I am soooo very pleased for you that your mom is now getting the care that she thoroughly deserves, I think you are marvellous to be looking after your dear mom so well, and I really hope that you can soon relax and enjoy the many years left with your mom
Take care and tell your mom that there is another lady in France thinking of her :slight_smile:

And I totally agree with you about the care workers here in France, they are brilliant :slight_smile: Hope your mom understands them a little, she must have really been suffering with those horrible burns etc…

Tea and cakes on the terrase sounds lovely by the way :slight_smile:

Anne Marie xxx

Whenever I have encountered anyone who has any home care here in France it looks to be wonderful. As an ex nurse I can see the care in the UK is woefully lacking. Makes me ashamed.Im a bit too long in the tooth to go back into nursing now but I would never go back to nursing in the UK.They dont train carers& nurses the right way these days in my opinion. I hope all goes well for your Mum over here & bravo to the carers…they seem to have the right attitude :))