Animal welfare and cruelty

You are exactly right Suzie,

In the UK there are many many charities there to pick up the pieces, so the problem is more 'masked'. The law on leaving legacies, inheritance, is also different, and is the main reason why UK animal charities are financially better off.

It is so sad when cruelty happens but it crosses all nationalities.

This sort of thing makes me so sad.It happens in France AND England ,and no doubt in every country all over the world.

Maybe (but I'm not sure) in England there are more rescue centres so animals have a better chance of finding a new home.I have many French friends who have pets (cats,dogs, horses etc) and the majority of them love their animals and treat them well.A colleague recently lost his dog and he was devastated, so there are many animal lovers in France.It's not just "us Brits" who love our animals.

The reasons why people are cruel to animals is not a question I can answer.Economic? Education?(or lack of) or some other reason?

This thread I am reviving because the topic warrants.

Anyone on social media, please do not click to view such videos.

5 Likes

Under the cloud of recent reports of pro-Palestinian activists in UK releasing live painted (!) mice in McDonalds.

Animal rights group Viva! said it was ‘deeply distraught’ about the use of animals in the protest.

Faye Lewis, who works for the campaign group, told MailOnline: 'While freedom of speech is important, and while all of us are deeply distraught with what is happening in the Middle East right now - anyone who has seen any footage would be hard moved not to be heartbroken - using poor mice and rats and setting them free in a McDonald’s is not the way to make a political point.

'The fact the video shows the mice being hurled at people is animal cruelty plain and simple. If the protestor’s point is to object to suffering, then contributing towards further cruelty, is poor execution.

‘It’s hard to see the scenes unfolding in the news for anybody with empathy, but inflicting fear and confusion to these sentient and empathic mice and rats and disgustedly, throwing them at people in the process, seems like a misguided way to object to suffering.’

Isreal McDo has been offering IDF troops in Isreal free meals. Idiots in UK have absolutely no idea that local outlets are franchises. Idiots!

On a more positive note, France is upgrading its cruelty limits. Contact details to note

vosdroits/F31859?lang=en

We should all help to protect animals.

Now, I’m off to put more spiders outside before my English student arrives

:spider_web:

3 Likes

On a different wider tack, there are some sick individuals who get their YouTube videos viewed by showing clearly Photoshopped thumbnail pictures such as these, and I see their videos get millions of views, by equally sick individuals IMO.

YouTube should ban such pictures as these, but they don’t because they attract those millions who are gratified by watching animal violence, which in turn benefits YouTube’s bank balance.

On a regular basis I scroll through YouTube and mark such channels as ‘not interested’ ‘don’t recommend channel’ or ‘report’.

In UK but a little good news from UK

Those who called in and the police who gently rescued are to be commended.

I feel it is important to be caring and celebrate the good in an increasingly cynical and detached atmosphere.