Any of you Brits have a carte de sejour?

I’m confused :confused: I am reading that people are taking paper work in abundance to apply for their CdS. Duplicate’s yes, am I missing something? Is there less paperwork for retiree’s?

Right with you Lily - I don’t get it either. My application process (EU Permanent) was really easy and the paperwork was no big deal - not much at all.

1 Like

As two elderly retirees we thought that the most significant evidence (aside from Cartes Vitales and modest top-up mutuelle) would be our predictable income, so we copied a years bank statements to back up our regular pension payments and, of course, a recent tax declaration.

Otherwise it was the bare stipulated minimum. Oh, I did add a copy of my French driving licence too, for luck. That always seems to reassure officialdom that we’re here to stay (if allowed, of course). :relaxed:

A lot depends on which prefecture-yes I know there’s a standard list but when did that count for anything in France😁

Top Tip - for any admin tasks - ASK your Prefecture what they need before going off at at a tangent like a headless chicken… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Ignore the online checklists and only provide what’s asked for…

2 Likes