Anyone else going stir crazy?

météo.fr thinks it could stop raining here from Friday onward. Hopefully our stir crazy/cabin fever days may soon be over. . . . .

@Mike_Kearney I do hope so! We 've had a watery dawn here this morning so I’m off out to savage the mallow before the next shower comes through.

“Savage the mallow” sounds more like Morris dancing than gardening! :laughing:

2 Likes

Hooray. The rain stopped, the ark opened and we went forth and gardened. And my back is killing me.

1 Like

More gardening is the answer to back pain.

And I’d strongly recommend downloading the app ‘Activ’Dos’ supplied by l’Alliance Maladie (Amélie) which is a cracking good inspiration and guide to good back health, and keeps me literally on my toes at a time in my life when I am at risk of turning to human compost.

Why not give it a try, before your back succeeds in seeing you off, painfully Immobilised! :smiley::back::weary:

Thanks. My lower spine is broken and upper spine badly whiplashed so back pain is normal, especially when I jump in at the deep end after winter as I have. I don’t regret being a gardener at all, but I feel the need to grump about it today :grin:

1 Like

Sorry to learn of your damaged spine. “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread” will need to be my lesson for today, Annajayne! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::zipper_mouth_face:

But Activ’Dos may still be a help. Even a know-all like me has found it very useful :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I will have a look. Gardening may be painful at times but keeping my muscles strong this way is really good for it.

Hey Peter, I just realized the implications of that - you own a smartphone! Still a desktop man, me. Don’t 'old with all this newfangled nonsense!
But I don’t want for exercise. I have a small dog who has a vested interest in keeping me in good health and insists on taking me for a walk twice each day.
One thing I admire about the local oldies is their determination to keep moving. You can see them in the street, walking painfully slowly to the shops, but determined to maintain their independence of movement as long as they can. Unlike their UK contemporaries who get themselves secondhand mobility scooters to motor round the supermarkets, stocking up on the junk that put them in that state in the first place!
When it comes to avoiding back problems, the golden rule is keep your back straight and bend your knees. Works for me, so far. . . . .

1 Like

I entirely agree. It’s quite astonishing. Qui bouge, vit.

2 Likes