Anyone use an Aeropress?

Exactly.
But coffee made in the 9090 is lovely, just not the same as a stuttery old Bialetti.

I threw out pretty much all aluminium from my kitchen decades ago - closely followed by almost all Teflon. I’m mostly Melitta but do have an Aeropress somewhere for travel (the original smaller one I think).

As someone who has flown to Italy literally for a cup of coffee, and whose Autostrada map had detailed handwritten notes on it commenting on the quality of coffee at every service area stopped at all over Italy :slight_smile: , once in a while I’ll go through a stage of hauling out a Bialetti Moka and using it a few times over the following month.

PS just to frighten anyone subject to standard NHS dentistry the NHS has been perfectly aware of the problems with mercury fillings for a very long time but refused to ban them due to cost.

1 Like

I’m always tempted to take my Aeropress away with me, but only used to actually take it if I was going to the UK (but probably won’t be going there again now - though not near death’s door - at least hopefully not!).

My attitude is rather than having the coffee from home, one has the local coffee, not genius loci, more spiritus loci capulus (I think…). But the important thing is one doesn’t make comparisons with the coffee chez nous unless the local stuff’s really awful

Naturally occuring amyloid plaques sequester the metals in the brain and are important and amazing but unfortunately they block neural pathways causing Alzheimer’s Disease. Ok that was a bit simplistic but I was listening to a talk on this today.

2 Likes

I take instant when travelling as it’s mostly short trips. (Remember those?) Macchu Picchu from Waitrose if I’ve got any left.

I expect I already have gone gaga :persevere:

The time to worry is when you go Gaggia…

2 Likes