Archeology. The Romans? Doesn't appear, yet, to be a red hot topic

Looks good! Its got a form with a connect e-address for asking questions. All time first on this one!!, Thats to say, an immediate, ( OK, auto) response, but better than the usual zero!
Message to say they’ve got my question and will be back in touch!
Wonderful. Lots of research centers and sites over my region, although of course, all mostly huge and important, the glorious chateaux. not micro industrial sites, like mine. I like big/important, but tiny/industrial and much more “of the local people” is interesting. Historic monuments don’t have to resemble Mar a Lago and dont need Trumps golden lavs. Or anything like, to be interesting.

if it’s too hot to do anything, this site has me fascinated for hours on end. Not France, but still a great source of historical info…

https://belowthesurface.amsterdam/en

1 Like

Not hot here, under the trees. Everyone about to buy a property in France, get one in woodland, or with mature trees all around…the risks of having dead bits of tree fall on your head, may be no greater than your chances of winning the lottery, and 45° …may be a frequent event, for future refs.
Yeah! Bettina! This is good too! I frittered away a couple of hours thinking about assemblages/collages after seeing what had been done with those bits.
My bits are mostly huge, …but if Robert Rauschenberg can do it with stuffed sheep, etc. Then why not I? With Massive concrete things, remains of iron cooking pot, fabulous chunk of ancient plank gate with hand crafted nuts and bolts, fossils, and a stack of broken glass and pots.
Sad to say, they usually need to stay wet, to survive. Must keep some bits, somehow…