At last some control on vapes

I like beer, as in the English version but the lidl lager was surprising and beats other big brands.

As the thread has drifted to non-alcoholic stuff… I’ll add comments gleaned from my own experiences…

If one is not able to drink alcohol and one has previously enjoyed doing so… it can be rather hard. Obviously, if it’s health orientated, then one should do one’s best, but it can still be difficult to “turn away” when others are enjoying these “forbidden fruits”.

There is quite a range of alternatives… some look, smell… just like “the real thing” and some don’t… one has to find something to sip, glug, whatever… something which is acceptable and enables one to “join in”…

Everyone’s tastebuds will vary… something which you find disgusting might well be “nectar” to someone else… etc etc.

On a shelf at home we carry a small range of non-alcoholic drinks (plus fruit juice)… some of which do look just like the real alcoholic thing (eg red wine, ricard, champagne)… and without seeing what someone has chosen, it would not be possible to know at a glance which is “real” and which isn’t.

We started this collection at the behest of a dear friend.
He’d been allowed out of hospital to die among his friends and family… and he certainly took his time to do so. He visited us in France quite regularly and although he wasn’t allowed to even sniff alcohol, he didn’t mind us enjoying the local wines, spirits, whatever…
He kept busy, tasting and testing all sorts of look-alikes…

He finally popped his clogs nearly 10 years after the medical fraternity had written him off…

5 Likes