Autoentrepreneur?

Hi Claire

We use AXA they're probably a little more expensive than others but the agent there speaks English which makes the whole process a little easier to begin with if you don't speak much French. The health insurance is a top up to the state's cover which you automatically get once you are registered as AutoEntrepreneur. If you are not working then you can apply to be a Beneficiare on your husband's AE (which I am under my hubby's AE). The top up isn't necessary but can end up saving you a lot of money if you need medical care. We are a family of 5 and our medical bills for Dr visits, vaccines etc would be silly if we didn;t have top up. There are many old threads about this type of insurance on SFN - have a root around for Top Up Insurance and you're bound to find lots of useful information.

Good Luck

Suzanne

ok thankyou for your reply, can i join it online? ive just googled it and its sent me back here lol

also is there more than one site to register on?

i was doin it on lautoentrepreneur.fr, but have just found http://www.auto-entrepreneur-declaration.com/declaration/formulaire-2?gclid=CPrOz5bCpbACFUcKfAodeVRZoA

and it seems much easier :)

Hi Claire

You have to register with one of the options for health care - they are the people who will be refunding you when you go to the doctors etc. have a look at their sites and choose the one that suites you - all pretty much of a muchness. Not sure about artisans ones as I'm prof libérale but I've been with Prévadiès-Campi for the last three years and since they have introduced bank transfers for reimbursements it's very quick (wasn't before that and I had to claim all the time and it took ages!). I went to the doctor's the other day and the money was in my account the following week. I wouldn't bother paying to get registration done, even if your french isn't too good, have a go and just ask here if there's a problem ;-)