Belves, Dordogne

Thank you, Tory

Thank you, Helen

Graham,

Is this aimed at me or somebody else on the thread?

My reply was in relation to a specific point and just pointed out that topping up your Carte Vitale cover does not require external health insurance.

If people want to use or discard that information it is up to them.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

yes but I’m almost 100% certain that @fabien as a well established Insurance Agent in France is well acquainted with the arrangements regarding Carte Vitale :roll_eyes:
Please remove that tiresome email signature… a number of people have asked you to do so - it’s so passé darling and it really pisses me off! If you don’t know how to do it, just ask the question…

We have a wonderful wool shop just outside La Clayette, for anyone looking for wool but not in Belves.
They are major manufacturers, but also stock other brands as well as patterns and all the other necessary paraphenalia.
https://www.lesmagasinsdusine.com/france/laines-plassard-varennes-sous-dun

1 Like

Grahame Lees,

No disagreement that @fabien is a well-established insurance broker.

But it is possible to top up your Carte Vitale coverage without resorting to an insurance broker. People need to compare what their mutuelle will provide and at what cost as well as asking for insurance company quotes.

Just sharing our years of experience. It can be taken on board or ignored. But not sharing what we know would be very selfish.

Best, Grahame.

Grahame Pigney

Please remove that tiresome email signature… a number of people have asked you to do so - it’s so passé darling and it really pisses me off! If you don’t know how to do it, just ask the question…

anyone who wants help … in any way… even if not actual “help”… but to confirm that their understanding of… and/or the decision they may have made for themselves, is actually best thing for them…

I would say… speak with @fabien

He knows all about CV and everything linked… and for us Brits (or non-French) who are dealing with French Health … in fact French Whatever Insurance … he is a godsend… an honest man who will give you an honest answer .

Below, you will see what we are asking you to you somehow “stop” sending with your posts on the forum… I think it is some sort of automatic signature… I’ve just noticed it gives your name as well

That looks lovely if I’m ever over that way! Belves is about an hour where that is about 4.5 LOL!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Graham Lees,

You are the one and only person who has asked me to remove my signature block. Do you ask Greta Thornberg to stop campaigning to protect the climate?

Grahame Pigney

belves Is lovely place and close to sarla

I don’t like it it’s a forum not a email

2 Likes

It’s totally unnecessary in these enlightened times.

2 Likes

Grahame… I don’t think anyone on the forum is intending to printout your posts… I think you may be preaching to the converted… :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t even have a printer anymore not had one for many years now

1 Like

@anon65742194 You have a short and or selective memory. I distinctly recall also that @Peter_Goble asked you to remove it too in another thread supported by a number of others…
The interesting thing is that you seem not to read what you have written before sending it.
In another thread today (in fact the thread about Propane Gaz which I started) you lectured me on gaz bottles which are not Propane (even though I mentioned what I am currently using) and then went on to lecture me about automatic switch-overs and the small Propane cubes which I had already mentioned and discounted :roll_eyes:
I’d really recommend you read a thread and comprehend it before launching yourself full tilt.
And, as you have seen, it is not only me you are pissing off with your passé darling email signature. People these days do not need to be lectured about not printing off emails unnecessarily and it’s quite an insult to their intelligence.

Hi, brokers can work with both Mutuelles and insurers (as we do) so your statement is a bit confusing in that perspective or maybe you thought Mutuelles were not doable with a broker did you?

In terms of using a broker it’s also important to understand that in most cases this is the exact same price as if one were directly with the insurer or mutuelle but with the extra advice and comparaison (at least in my case but I’m sure my competitors do the same).

Finally, you’re right in saying that the medical insurance (whatever it’s a top-up or a fully private one) is not mandatory but I would also add the word “yet” because it will become mandatory and I’ve already dealt with British expats that were asked by their local prefecture to get some proof of medical coverage to get their visa done (as the visa is done for a year and as the Brexit will happen by then some prefecture are a bit more picky than others let’s say). So again, being advised by an independent third party is probably not a bad thing especially when we are speaking of people that may not know the French system as well as they would like to.

And last thing, my advice always come for free and I will never push a policy if they don’t really need one (I’ve actually pushed people away from buying a policy more than once) :wink:

4 Likes

Martin,

One of the ways of replying to messages on the forum is by email.

Do you object to that? If you do perhaps you should ask the administrators to shut down the option of replying by email.

Grahame Pigney

Thank you Martin

Chris Kite,

What is unnecessary in these enlightened times? Serious question that I hope you will reply to.

Grahame Pigney