Blood on the gravel

Monsieur Gallon, centre médical du Faubourg is fantastic. He’s in the yellow pages and he’s just over the old bridge in Bergerac, straight over the bridge and the roundabout with the fish fountain at la Madeleine, and he’s about the 4th building on the right. White neon cross and lots of brass plates.

Greatest sympathy that looks so sore :worried:

1 Like

So you say!

:wink:

1 Like

See proof pics :rofl:

I know. Tory, you’re a good sport. :smiley:

I’m sure your ankle will be as lovely as the rest of you before too long.

2 Likes

20 kiné sessions…! I am completely jealous

Fair enough… but do get the x-ray done, before any kiné (just in case) … :crossed_fingers:

Why???

I did the same to my rt ankle, turning it completely over when I hit the edge of a deep tractor rut, jumping off the top of a 5-bar field gate. Came up like a balloon, just like Tory’s.

Next day, my 21st b/d, I struggled up Glastonbury Tor after my two mates, who couldn’t give a toss about my ankle. I should have had it seen to but toughed it out. The result is that that ankle has been a source of considerable pain ever since.

When I got my Border Collie I naturally thought that this dog needed to run, so I should, too. Bought the trainers, first lap of Kensington Gdns - ankle came up so that I couldn’t get my shoe on. That was over 20 years after the original injury.

Tore the cruciate ligament in my right knee coming off my bike, going flat out down a steep hill, standing on the pedals, the chain slipped into neutral and I went over the bars. Had the ligament out aged 16, all good for 50 years despite much abuse of the joint - now really paying for it. Bone on bone …

Kensington Gardens again. A spell of the Royal Parks Dept Tree Gang. Digging a perfectly innocent cherry tree out, wielding a pick axe. Slammed the pick into the ground, gave a mighty heave … I heard the crack from my back. Pick round a root - the only thing that ‘gave’ was my spine.

A year on full pay. A year on 1/2 pay + sickness benefit. Got a Christmas present from the 8 million members of the General and Municipal Workers Union - a polyester face cloth and hand towel.

1 Like

Tory I hear m Gallon is going to be on holiday in a fortnight so give him a ring now!!!

1 Like

and… don’t forget the X-ray…

1 Like