Boeing's shitty planes

Probably a good idea to pack one of these:-

4 Likes

Yes, it’s a McMurdo I think. It’s in the cave somewhere and I’d guess about fifteen years old so the battery is probably shot.

757 hasn’t got the legs for that without a few (at least 2) fuel stops. You sure it isn’t a 787?

You’re right Mark, now that I think about it. It’s a 787 “Dreamliner”. I’ve been on them before, so hopefully it’s of the earlier generation before the cheap and not so cheerful 737 Max build quality era. Anyway, when they say “doors to automatic” I’ll raise a questioning eyebrow at the crew, just how automatic? :slightly_smiling_face:

The 787 has also been plagued with build quality issues, mainly since 2019. Production has had to be halted several times due to different issues with the airframe. Since 2019, I think it’s production has been halted for more time than its been going. Apparently, this plague of build issues coincided with Boeing laying off 900 quality inspectors and replacing them with a computer based quality system, which didn’t find any of the many quality issues. Who would have guessed that would happen ?

2 Likes

I am not sure you are helping John with his impending journey :joy:

4 Likes

Well, on the other side of the coin, there hasn’t been a 787 incident involving fatalities. Of course, there’s always a first time :flushed:

Hoisted by my own petard :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

This seems apt at the present moment

4 Likes

I love Dilbert, just a pity that Adams seems to be a bit nuts.

A bit?!?

1 Like

He’ll create something like this, which is spot on:

And then go say something stupid.

2 Likes

Son in law had a couple of free days so decided to hop on down to Phoenix, pick up a hire bike from Harley Davidson and explore Monument Valley. He got a real cheap flight with Frontier and sat there on both legs waiting for something to happen as its almost bring your own seat standard and fighting between passengers and crew is normal. Be grateful you ain’t flying with them!

Just like internal soviet era Aeroflot flights used to be like. On one once with a chicken on the loose…

1 Like

What got me when I dared to take a very early morning Aeroflot flight in Russia was all the alcohol that was consumed for breakfast - never seen anything like it!

1 Like

Hopefully not by the flight crew, alternatively have you flown out of East Midlands or Luton? No way could I drink for breakfast.

1 Like

At Luton you can stop halfway for a checkup at the Vauxhall car plant! That was our “local” airport apart from Heathrow but no one cares, they all just want to get away.

I used to bullshit the crew saying we always got vodka, tray with a bottle, glasses and ice always turned up (always needed it flying in their gaffer tape and string tupolevs.

That was Balkan airlines🙄

4 Likes

I remember landing at Glasgow travelling up on a red-eye one morning, seeing the guys in business suits, tins of lager in hand, waiting to board before 9am. Probably not to the same scale as vodka with breakfast, but just as nuts all the same.

2 Likes

Vodka was very much a way of life in the old Soviet Union, and still was the last time I was in Russia but that was 30 years ago. Life was pretty shitty there, the vodka helped numb the shittiness.