Bon Jour - exploring my move to France

Come to Albi, it’s brill.

1 Like

From wonderful chateaux to the most magical mix of people on the planet…yes possibly that is trueof my region. If I were a great writer I could describe the intense
beauty of here.
But I will leave it to m,r Bonjour to tell the world.

For rentals for 6 months, if you haven’t already you might try: https://www.rentaplaceinfrance.com/

I’m American. Good luck, and cheers.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, Mary!

Hello Rob -
Thank you for the recommendation.
I’m flying from Philadelphia direct to Paris, then taking the train to Montpellier to begin my quest.
S

Hi Steven,
We looked at Montpelier and it is a nice city, but we found it too big for us (we’re from London and wanted something smaller). We have finally ended up in a small village St Quentin La Poterie, about 5 km from Uzes and 30km from Nimes which is a nice city. The area around here is very Mediterranean with a laid back attitude, and brilliant countryside - Ardèche, Cévennes, etc., We are also members of a very active society called BritsNimes and have all sorts of activities very month. It’s not British as such but a community of English speakers and have French, Dutch, Belgian, and American members.
I think its a great idea to rent and have a look at areas, particularly in the winter season when things quiet down a lot.
Happy to give more information if you want.

Yogesh

Thank you, Yogesh, for this wonderful information. My October exploration trip dance card is getting filled up! Nimes is one of the locations that I’m going to scout during my recon visit, and your village sounds delightful.
S