Brexit beats Barclays

your link didn’t work for me John… but this one does:

for some reason it won’t let me read much… wants me to subscribe…

my link or John’s Stella?

Your’s … now I’ll try John’s… John’s allowed me onto a webpage but nothing to do with Askthe Experts…
EDIT: I’m just wondering about Lloyds… still ok for existing customers… but for how long??

odd… works perfectly for me - I don’t remember subscribing to it but if I did, it was free…

1 Like

I think generally you can view so many pages for so long then it starts with the annoying messages. Everyone’s favourite here The Connexion at least has a countdown ’You have read 1 of your 2 free articles’ or something, The Local is craftier, if you look at X articles or stay on a page over X minutes in a day/week/month (whatever the timeframe is) the overlays then kick in asking you to subscribe.

maybe I’m a fast reader then kirstea :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

On your link, Graham… it gave me the choice… accept our thingies… or not… and as I never accept thingies… I took the other path… which took me straight to a subscription page…
and now it won’t let go… aaargh

ooo love it! a deadly embrace is what we call it in programming parlance…

:joy:
I’m sure you are!

I just immediately put any of these things into a private browser tab anyway which often tricks them into thinking you’re visiting for the first time, so I thankfully don’t have to deal with the constant pop ups and requests to subscribe usually.

1 Like

You over estimate my technical prowess at trying to insert a link …it was just meant to be the publication name!

1 Like

thank heavens for that… I thought I was having a dotty day…

Hello everyone, after some anxious nights and it isn’t you the Barclays letter reached Toulouse. So my account is quite active so I need an alternative. And there appear to be diminishing choices especially if you feel a banking licence is necessary. Anyway I’ve found an HSBC expat account in the Channel Islands that looks workable. Any thoughts or suggestions

Indeed I’ve also a Lloyds account…